Morningstar Farms Products

Options
13»

Replies

• TAMMY7173
    TAMMY7173 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am also a vegetarian. I drink the slim fast advance. It has 20 grams of protein.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    My favorite are the black bean crumbles. Tasty, plus, unlike ground beef, I don't need to break the package down into smaller amounts before I freeze it (because I'm not likely to want a pound or two of meat at a time unless I'm making a huge casserole, which I don't much do). You can open the bag of crumbles and take out as much as you want and put the rest back in the freezer.

I like Field Roast and Gardein products too, but they are much pricier.

@SuzySunshine99
    Like some others on this thread, I'm not a vegetarian. I'm not Jewish either, but I take advantage of canned sardine sales that always seem to occur near Jewish Holy Days (not 100% sure what that's about, but hey, cheap sardines for me!). Some of the foods I eat would fit in low-carb or keto diets, some foods I eat would fit in paleo diets, some foods I eat would pass muster with "clean" eaters, but I'm not low-carb, paleo, or "clean." Practically none of my food choices are the result of a special dietary adherence, unless you count some "abstinence" practices during Lent. Foods aimed at vegetarians exist. Occasionally I try them for variety. The ones I like I eat again, especially if they're convenient or expand my options or help with hitting protein, fiber, or micronutrient goals. (I have zero problems hitting fat goals :smile: )
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I like them (although I'm not a vegetarian), but you have to be cautious of the sodium content on a lot of their products. But they're delicious. :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Due to food sensitivities (celiac disease and soy intolerance), I can't eat most commercially available meat substitutes. The only one I can eat is Beyond Meat's beefy crumbles. They are seriously yummy.

Their new "Beyond Burger" is also soy/gluten-free. I really liked it.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Due to food sensitivities (celiac disease and soy intolerance), I can't eat most commercially available meat substitutes. The only one I can eat is Beyond Meat's beefy crumbles. They are seriously yummy.

I didn't read this part. I'm really sorry that you're having to deal with that. Sweet Earth uses seitan (wheat product) and tofu. So, that's definitely out of the question.

So, maybe things like Greek yogurt, legumes, quinoa, and those types of protein would be beneficial? Oh...and lentils. I love lentils, and they are great for protein.

Yes to all of those. And eggs, egg whites, and cottage cheese. I do fine. I'm still in search of the perfect home made black bean burger recipe, though. Haven't found a good one yet.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options

Their new "Beyond Burger" is also soy/gluten-free. I really liked it.

No one around me is carrying it. I've been looking. Well, stalking really :p I live in hope.
  • srosenthal1225
    srosenthal1225 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am not vegetarian but I enjoy the taste and ease of the product that I can bring for lunch at work..I like the pizza
    ( ish ) flavored one..and pretty decent on calories and macros too...
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The fake sausage patties are pretty good with eggs. Even the fake bacon is good once you figure out how to make them crispy. The secret is removing as much moisture as possible before you zap them.

They are highly processed though, it's sure not a perfect whole food like plants are.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

I didn't read this part. I'm really sorry that you're having to deal with that. Sweet Earth uses seitan (wheat product) and tofu. So, that's definitely out of the question.

So, maybe things like Greek yogurt, legumes, quinoa, and those types of protein would be beneficial? Oh...and lentils. I love lentils, and they are great for protein.

I'm still in search of the perfect home made black bean burger recipe, though. Haven't found a good one yet.

I love this one so much http://www.skinnytaste.com/spicy-black-bean-burgers-with-chipotle/
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    edited February 2017
    Options

I'm still in search of the perfect home made black bean burger recipe, though. Haven't found a good one yet.

I love this one so much http://www.skinnytaste.com/spicy-black-bean-burgers-with-chipotle/

That's a cool technique on making them. I'll give those a try. Thanks!