My journey from obese to beast!!!

Options
Hello my fitness pals! I am currently 440lbs! I'm looking get fit and healthy and I need as much support as possible. Add me and let's share stories and tips

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

Read the posts in the Helpful Posts announcement at the top of this forum page.

Eat whatever will keep you satisfied within your calorie limit.

Ask questions and read in the forum. Keep trying a little each day. Win!
  • witchyitchyaya
    witchyitchyaya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I say try low carb. There are countless studies about it helping heal plenty of ailments from being obese. Plus... you'll lose your first 20-35 pretty quickly.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of good information here and don't ever doubt that you can do this because you absolutely can. Just make good choices one day at a time and before you know it, you will look back and be amazed by how far you have come and how much better you feel. This is a journey that is totally worth it. My only regret is not taking responsibility for my weight and health sooner.

Here are a few tips that helped me.

1) Find foods that you enjoy and that let you eat a lot of volume for your calories.

2) Figure out what keeps you satisfied. For most of us that means protein and fiber and minimizing simple, high glycemic carbs.

3) Keep your protein up and start lifting now to maintain muscle mass.

4) Don't deprive yourself and forget all about the concept of cheating. Think budget. Your calorie goal is your budget. If you really want something, save your calories and figure out how to fit it in. Everything in moderation.

5) Don't listen to any fool selling gimmicks. None of them work. The only thing that works is a calorie deficit.

6) Understand that weight loss is not linear. Your weight WILL fluctuate, sometimes a lot. Just because the scale goes up doesn't mean you gained fat and just because it goes down a lot doesn't mean you necessarily lost that much. Play the long game and watch the trend over time. If you maintain a deficit, the weight will come off.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I say try low carb. There are countless studies about it helping heal plenty of ailments from being obese. Plus... you'll lose your first 20-35 pretty quickly.

There is no magic in low carb. ;) It works for some people because it keeps them satiated enough to maintain a calorie deficit. A calorie deficit is required to lose weight, but how you get there is completely individual.
    MrBundles wrote: »
    Hello my fitness pals! I am currently 440lbs! I'm looking get fit and healthy and I need as much support as possible. Add me and let's share stories and tips

Mr. Bundles, I love your name!!! If you want to lose weight, I suggest eating the foods you love in moderation, weighing all food and logging everything you eat. If you log accurately and stay within your calorie goals to lose weight, then....you will lose weight. You can do this!!!
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Check out success stories on mfp! With hard work and persistence you'll be next!