Running with a jogging stroller.....

Options
I was wondering if anyone knows if running with a jogging stroller burns more calories and if so how many more?
I really need to get a HRM!:grumble:

Replies

• littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I found that it did, but only like 20 or 30 more an hour...when you get so close to your goal weight you have to almost practically die to burn any calories! The only way to truly tell for you is to get the HRM, I have used mine since the beginning and LOVE it...it's how I know exactly where I'm at for the day!
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I know it's alot easier for me to run without pushing my little man (34 pounds). Without running with him, I run faster thus HRM is higher. When I run with him I run slower, but my HRM is higher because I pushing more weight. Hope that helps.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't have a jogging stroller but I know that when I am pushing my double stroller with both my kids in it I burn maybe an extra 50-75 calories
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I burn more with my jogging stroller. I usually burn 200 30 minutes running. With the jogging stroller I burned 400 in 49 minutes.for me it is an extra 2 to 3 calories per minute. I hope that helps.
  • teshaerwin
    teshaerwin Posts: 42
    Options
    thanks girls!