Snacks?

Options
new to dieting, i was wondering what kind of healthy things i could have as snacks? X

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, whey protien, fruit with raw seeds or nuts, sting cheese with fruit. Always try to couple a protein with the carb. TLC trail or honey flax seed bars are good but 1 a day.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Fruits, almonds, pretzels, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, low fat yogurt, sweet potatoes, rice crackers, 1 oz of cheese and whole grain crackers, dried fruits, other nuts, etc.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Homemade protein bars, protein shakes, peanut butter with protein powder. I typically don't do the snack thing. I just eat 5 small meals a day that includes carbs, protein and fat.
  • gracelorence
    Options
    i like applesauce. only 50 cal in a dish of unsweetened!
  • fireyes
    fireyes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Fruit, veggies, yogurt, rice cakes, pretzels, nuts, protein/fruit shakes.

I mostly go with the fruit, especially now that it's summer! You can have bananas, grapes, apples, strawberries, blue/blackberries, raspberries, peaches, watermelon, cantaloupe, kiwi, grapefruit, oranges. Just look around the produce section!
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    I like Vitatops...they satisfy my sweet cravings and are "healthy lifestyle" friendly! Some grocery stores carry them or you can order them online.
  • BrookeCMyers
    Options
    I like to have sugar free applesauce, Kelloggs Cracker Chips (27chips for only 110 calories), string cheese, and protein bars.
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    One of my new favorites is 1 tablespoon Nutella atop a rice cake. :tongue:

I also like almonds with an orange or cottage cheese w/ peaches(in light syrup, of course). It's good to mix it up a bit so you don't get bored. There's a lot of good suggestions already! Enjoy :drinker:
  • mrobertson911
    mrobertson911 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Air-popped pop corn spritzed with I Can't Believe I'ts not Butter spray. So good. 2 full cups is only 40 calories!