Starting over for the 1000th time!

Options
5'9 highest weight at 300 lbs. I've started intermittent fasting about 2-3 days ago, and I'm mentally getting the hang of it. Next week I'm hoping to start low carb dieting. Exercise is what's rough for me!! I love the stationary bike, and I'll stay on it for about 30 mins with a few minutes of brisk walking on the treadmill. The treadmill is so boring! I also think the elliptical is pretty painful, so I stay away. My calories for now are 1800. Should I lower the amount? Would it be wise for me to start lifting as well? Tried that my first day of working out and felt it for the next week. Just want to find a plan that works best for me! I'm hoping to lose 90-100 lbs by August. Any tips from maintainers? I would also love to get a support group going. Add me!

Replies

• Onyx_Eve
    Onyx_Eve Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've probably started a zillion times as well! As long as you get back on that horse and dig your heels in. And I've only been on a real horse once, and it threw me off, but anyway! I don't like the elliptical either. I don't think I'm coordinated enough for it. It's kind of like struggling to ski for me. I'll add you as a friend. Good luck!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with practicing, practice makes you better for the long run. I don't go on elliptical either. We all like something different. have you thought about swimming? I go to aqua aerobics & also stretch & flexability class ( also do my own thing at gym in between) I do like the treadmill, I put i my headphones. Don't start exercise too drastically, maybe walk more then add what you like as you are able. Anything new you add to what you usually do is good. Dont' be in a hurry to loose weight, take one day at a time. Eat all the calories you're allowed so you can succeed. Experiment with different foods that sustain you. I eat about 2 cups of zucchini with butter & parmesean cheese & a potato when I'm real hungry, along with protein (meat,chicken) I eat bread every day too, because it fills me up.There were times during the cold winter where I upped my calories to lose slower just so I can have more hot soups etc & stay withing my calorie range
  • aubxspice
    aubxspice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't really track my calories bite for bite. I go for healthy items with decent portion sizes and I eat. I plug calories into here occasionally but I don't like tracking because it's a dangerous game for me. Because I'm eating during a window, I don't have a lot of time- or what feels like that to eat like before. Did I mention I was addicted to soda? Grabbed 2 diet flavors this week instead of the regular ones just to give me the sensation. Most of my calories would come from snacking and drinking them. My job requires me to sit at my desk, so I can't really move until I get home. I've been working out at night because I will probably never be that girl who wakes up at 5 am to run. I know not to take this intensely, but I think that if people can can lose that much without working out for hours per day and starving, then maybe I can lose it my way too.
  • aubxspice
    aubxspice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Excuse me? Did I say I wanted to lose weight without any effort or that I'm going to yo-yo diet? I know what's working for me, and what I'm capable of at this time. I didn't ask for YOU someone that is rude and clearly not reading what I'm expressing to critique my current plan. BYE
  • roamingmum
    roamingmum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Honest logging of CICO - eventually it will change the way you understand food.
    It's not a race it's a lifestyle change forever