Swimming MP3 player

Options
Does anyone here use a waterproof MP3 player when they swim laps? I'd love to have something when I'm putting in laps in the pool.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have a waterproof iPod. The biggest challenge was learning to get the ear pieces in right, or they would leak which reduced the sound in that ear. I absolutely love it!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I do not, but one of my MFP friends has one and loved it. I've often entertained the idea of using one when doing my laps, but I already have the goggles, cap, ear plugs, fins, water gloves....I don't think I can deal with any more accouterments. ;-) A couple of people at my pool use them, but not doing laps- they do water walking in the current pool.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I do not, but one of my MFP friends has one and loved it. I've often entertained the idea of using one when doing my laps, but I already have the goggles, cap, ear plugs, fins, water gloves....I don't think I can deal with any more accouterments. ;-) A couple of people at my pool use them, but not doing laps- they do water walking in the current pool.

You wouldn't need the earplugs though, and you can clip it on your goggles. :wink:
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I just got my son a water proof ipod. With headphones it was 250 dollars. He seems to like it and they cover it with a 2 year warranty.
  • Trendline15
    Trendline15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have an 8GB Pyle PSWP8BK Active Action Water Proof MP3 Player.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XLW6L3O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know the Pyle brand since I have some of their audio equipment (amps). It is OK. I use it once in a while these days. One of the earbuds tends to fall out while I'm swimming. Also, it can be difficult to get the volume set to a level that I like. Finally, I wish that I had several of these players, so I could store different types of music on the different players. Then, I could listen to different music, depending on my mood, without too much of a hassle of reloading the music.

I hear that the Finis player is the best. It uses bone conduction to transmit the sound, instead of earbuds.
    https://www.amazon.com/Underwater-Player-Black-Acid-Green/dp/B0169RSNPG/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1486257245&sr=1-1&keywords=finis+mp3+player
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I may look at the finis brand ones
  • dwisehart
    dwisehart Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The Finis player looks interesting, if a bit big. I bought the Underwater Audio iPod Shuffle, but I could not make the original earpieces stay in, regardless of which size I used. So I upgraded the earpieces to the Swimbud Sport Waterproof earpieces and I have been happy since.
  • gakmt
    gakmt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My daughter bought me the SONY Walkman 4GB NW-WS413 for christmas and its awsome. Not bluetooth, you load your music into it. Comes with several size earbuds for swimming and for normal use. Great sound underwater. Really drowns out the rest of the noise at the pool and makes the swim much more enjoyable. Stays in place well both swimming and running.