• charycedm1
    charycedm1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to add you as friends
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    kpl2013 wrote: »
    I'm on a journey to lose 70 pounds and am looking for accountability in friends. I live alone and don't have a very big social life so I was hoping to find/meet others that need support and encouragement in the MFP community.
    If you're on a journey to lose 50+ pounds and need some I inspiration, accountability or ideas - add me or comment!

Here is the thing 70 lbs maybe too much and may actually discourage you .
    Shoot for 1 lbs 70 times and before you know you will squash your goals.
  • cahayes20
    cahayes20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey! I'm new "again" trying to lose 50 lbs. I gained a lot of it because of depression and anxiety, now that I have that under control I feel the need to get in shape. I could use all the friends I can get. Please feel free to add me!
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    JUST DO IT!!!

I dunno if that helps for accountability, but there you go lol
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have lost 58 pounds so far. I need to lose another 30 pounds. Please feel free to add me :)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose another 89 lbs or so. Down 25 from where I started. Add as you like! B)
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and looking to lose 75 lbs now (was more) Would love people that would help keep me accountable to log and excersize. I am fully committed to logging and making this a permanent change.

I really enjoy encouraging people :)

Send me a request with a little info about you and let's do this!
  • devinnn0728
    devinnn0728 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would also like to lose weight. My goal is to lose forty pounds by my birthday at the end of July. Feel free to add me!
  • JakeL1981
    JakeL1981 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the long haul. Let's do it together. Add me and ill accept.
  • mmelnikov3
    mmelnikov3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do you add friends? I can not figure this out, yet. Please, help!
  • effaleelongoria
    effaleelongoria Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose around 95 pounds in the next year and a half to two years! Feel free to add me!
  • Goodtogo54
    Goodtogo54 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone. Day 1 of 65# weight loss goal. Wondering: What motivates you?
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I still have about 50 to 60 lbs to go I am down 45 lbs already
  • Cactusflowerinbb
    Options
    Add me! 46, looking to lose 40 or so.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Goodtogo54 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Day 1 of 65# weight loss goal. Wondering: What motivates you?

My health. My legs have had to carry extra poundage they weren't designed to do, which, it seems, has led to poor lower body circulation and refluxed veins. I somehow contracted cellulitus on one calf, which led to lymph edema, which led to a referral to a vascular surgeon who ran his tests and gave me that verdict. Meanwhile, it took months for those wounds (think water blisters that continue to seep fluid) to drain and heal. Months of clinic visits, antibiotics, and homecare nurses changing dressings.

In other news, my blood pressure is high, though not yet requiring medication. My blood sugar is getting up there. The word 'pre-diabetic' was not mentioned, yet. My father had Type 2 diabetes, which cleared up after bariatric surgery. My sister has also had the surgery. I really don't want to go that route, but I have to get rid of the weight somehow. So, here I am.

(And we haven't even gotten to how it feels trying on clothes and having to get a bigger size each time.)

Thankfully, MFP is working for me and, as of this morning, I've lost 33 lbs!
  • colorfulgirl82
    colorfulgirl82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I as well am looking to lose 70 lbs!
  • Kevindagul
    Kevindagul Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've got about 100lbs to loose! :'(
  • abens123
    abens123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am right in that same boat with you! 40-50lbs! id love to also have some accountability. I am new to my state and dont have a very big social circle. Feel free to add me!
  • Marzeus
    Marzeus Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    i just started back up with MFP and goal is 50 lbs to lose!
  • diamondfit19
    diamondfit19 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I added you as a friend and anyone else can feel free to add me as well!