Gym newbie

Options
Hi everyone! Hope you're all ok.
I'm just looking for some advice. I start the gym tomorrow and I'm excited, but scared. Any tips on how to get the most out of half an hour? Thank you

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Hey, it can be nerve racking if it's your first time. But worry not, if you not sure how to use any machines just ask the staff there. You can use the treadmill, bicycle or the rowing machine. That would be a great start, then you can ease into training with weights later on. Take your time, and hope you enjoy your gym session.
  • aubxspice
    aubxspice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love the stationary bike! Try that. The treadmill gets boring to me after 5 mins.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Hey, it can be nerve racking if it's your first time. But worry not, if you not sure how to use any machines just ask the staff there. You can use the treadmill, bicycle or the rowing machine. That would be a great start, then you can ease into training with weights later on. Take your time, and hope you enjoy your gym session.

This is good advice. Also, Download Netflix or similar on your phone so you can watch programs when you're doing cardio, it makes the time go quicker, and don't forget your headphones.
    The more you go the easier it will be, and it will give you time to suss out what the other machines are for.
    Good luck and enjoy x
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you're all ok.
    I'm just looking for some advice. I start the gym tomorrow and I'm excited, but scared. Any tips on how to get the most out of half an hour? Thank you

Step 1: Identify what you want to do (or what you want out of) your time in the gym.
    Step 2: Assuming you've been on a tour of that particular gym, think about what equipment there will help you in achieving the goal(s) identified in Step 1.
    Step 3: Find a plan that incorporates what you have access to that helps with your goal(s) identified in Step 1.
    Step 4: Implement the plan from Step 3.

I know it's kinda vague, but only you know at this point what it is you want to accomplish.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Just remember nobody can do everything there is to do in the gym in one day. If cardio is your thing, jump on something and look around put a plan together set some goals.