Sickness and Paleo?

Options
ANT98
ANT98 Posts: 137 Member
Hi!
I know I should ask my doctor on this topic, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this?

I had done Whole 30 back in December and now every time I eat:
Gluten
Dairy
Chocolate

I have loose bowels or bloating or stomach issues.

So I tried just paleo for a month and now every single time I eat anything with these I get the above symptoms. Is this a form of IBS or side effect of a cleanse? Or just I have a weak stomach

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    It's probably always been like that, but now it's easier for you to recognize that your body can't tolerate these foods well. You can always test dark chocolate ( at least 70% Cocoa) and dairy from sheep/goat - I believe they have a composition similar to human milk, so they may be easier to digest than cow's milk.
  • ANT98
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    It's probably always been like that, but now it's easier for you to recognize that your body can't tolerate these foods well. You can always test dark chocolate ( at least 70% Cocoa) and dairy from sheep/goat - I believe they have a composition similar to human milk, so they may be easier to digest than cow's milk.

Gah! Almost feels like I can eat nothing (even though there are a variety of recipes!)
    :)
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Looool I know how you feel. You'll be surprised at how much you actually can eat. I eat more variety now than I did on a standard American diet. The only thing I miss is cheese. Plus you don't have to label/"restrict" your diet if you can tolerate foods like grains and legumes. :)
  • ANT98
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    Looool I know how you feel. You'll be surprised at how much you actually can eat. I eat more variety now than I did on a standard American diet. The only thing I miss is cheese. Plus you don't have to label/"restrict" your diet if you can tolerate foods like grains and legumes. :)

So I probably am sensitive to it and just never realized it