Getting back on Track

Options
2»

Replies

• HelenaChang
    HelenaChang Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Try signing up for single volunteers or hiking club or anything else that you will be active with a group. When you go to the gym, make friends! Then arrange to meet them weekly at the gym. Don't look at the scale for a while. Just go and find something active that you enjoy doing. Could be Zumba, swimming, or just taking walks or bike rides with a group. My trainer told me this: Just because you run a stop light once doesn't mean you should keep doing it. Forgive yourself and move forward. You can do this!
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Renee, I'm sorry you're having trouble getting your exercise in. I wonder, do you enjoy running? Maybe you could think of something else that's more fun for you, like a walk with a friend or bowling or something that's focused not on the exercise you're getting but on the experience itself... walking through Longwood Gardens or any of the wonderful museums in Philly is more likely to get me going than a run in this weather! :)

jess
  • Redhouse6758
    Redhouse6758 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    jessiquoi wrote: »
    Renee, I'm sorry you're having trouble getting your exercise in. I wonder, do you enjoy running? Maybe you could think of something else that's more fun for you, like a walk with a friend or bowling or something that's focused not on the exercise you're getting but on the experience itself... walking through Longwood Gardens or any of the wonderful museums in Philly is more likely to get me going than a run in this weather! :)

jess
    Jess I like to run.. I really think it is just the weather and the season. Holiday time is not the best for me. Not into flowers or museums so that wouldn't work for me. Once the holidays are over I am hoping to get it back on track
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    the only thing required for weight loss is a calorie defecit
  • Redhouse6758
    Options
    I went to the grocery store today and I think I did pretty good. I resisted the potato chips and the ice-cream
    I did get pretzels and a pack of snack size baby ruth's. Got some salmon for omega 3 and smart balance to replace my butter. Baby steps.
  • watersedgepnw
    watersedgepnw Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I need to lose 100 pounds.
  • suegil314
    suegil314 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm across the bridge in Jersey! I lost 25lbs, and gained about 9 back. Still need to lose 25lbs, ready to get back on track!
  • junkinthefront
    junkinthefront Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would loved to be added to this group! 50+ always been fit but recently "threw in the towel" i'm ready to start again and regain my health! I'm also new and am not sure about how to add or be added. I'd be grateful for any help and support.
  • Amysexyback
    Amysexyback Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend! Looking forward 2017 to be my best year! I really lost track these past few months! Best of luck!

• Redhouse6758
    Options
    :( I have a weigh in coming up in the next few weeks with my trainer and I am not at all confident that there will be a loss. I have been having a really bad few weeks, no cardio to speak off really, I just can't seem to get my self together.
  • DCRunnerGirl78
    DCRunnerGirl78 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    :( I have a weigh in coming up in the next few weeks with my trainer and I am not at all confident that there will be a loss. I have been having a really bad few weeks, no cardio to speak off really, I just can't seem to get my self together.

I haven't made a lot of progress so far this year. The last few weeks I've lacked motivation to do my morning workouts most days. Thank goodness I have a running buddy. She's not always motivated to get out either, but we do it for each other. Is there anyone you could partner with for accountability? I'm an introvert. It took me two years to find mine, so I get that it's easier said than done. Just take it one day at a time.
  • Redhouse6758
    Options
    I rejoined Weight Watcher last week, as trying to do it on my own with counting my calories here wasn't working. I lost 4 lbs which I don't understand because I am logging the same food on WW as I did here and I didn't do any exercise at all last week. Crazy. I will see what next week looks like.