Headphone Suggestions??

Options
I have wired over the ear headphones that frankly suck. They hurt my one ear, probably because I am constantly jamming it back into my ear..

Any suggestions on a new wireless Bluetooth pair that won't break the bank?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    If you are ok with around $100, Jaybird X2's are amazing. Lightweight and great sound. I love mine. Best pair of workout bluetooth headphones I've ever owned
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I bought a set of Taotronics bluetooth earbuds off Amazon about a month ago and am very happy with them. They have the over-the-ear hooks so they stay in place very comfortably, and have far better sound quality than the (considerably more expensive) Plantronics Backbeats I was using before them. For $29.99 I think they're a great deal and if they take a dump on me in a year, they're cheap enough to replace.

Link to the Taotronics is here (no referrer code BS in the link): https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Headphones-Sweatproof-Earphones/dp/B01BV2BPVS/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1486253865&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=taotronics+earbuds
  • Oopher
    Oopher Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For under $100 I got the Jabra Sport pulse. Just make sure you read the directions on how to fit them in your ears properly. Comes with a great little app that you can set goals and I can follow your heart rate during your workout. They also sound great.
  • LadyWare365
    LadyWare365 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Taotronics. I got mine on Amazon. Mine are in-the-ear buds with a small hook. They were $40 and came with an 18 month warranty. They worked wonderfully, loud, did not cut out, but 6 months in one ear quit working. I believe due to hanging them from my rear view mirror everyday put to much tension on the wires. I claimed my warranty, they replaced them within a week.
  • spas2k
    spas2k Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm seconding the Jbird X2/x3. Best I've tried. I'd stay away from Jabra. They are having customer support issues right now to the point where I'd avoid buying anything from them ever again.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with my Plantronics Backbeat Fit. They're water resistant, don't budge, have great battery life, and (most important to me but may be a dealbreaker for you) allow ambient noise so I can still hear what's happening around me. Plus their customer service was awesome after my dog chewed them up and I called about a replacement.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    You really don't have to spend a lot of money to have decent bluetooth headphones. Mine are made by Mpow, which is surely a chinese company but they do a great job and come with two different sizes of earpieces so that they fit in your ear snugly. The sound quality is good, not great, but good, and they last me a couple of hours on a charge and cost less than $30 delivered to your door. Go to Amazon and look up Mpow Swift. Yes, over time they can fall out of your ears, but the same company makes some with hooks as well.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Another positive review for Plantronics Backbeat Fit. I've always had problems with having headphones/earbuds stay in place or feel comfortable while running/ working out. These fit great, and I pretty much forget they are there while running. The battery life is great, and they recharge quickly. The sound is good but you are still aware of your surroundings. I've been using my pair for nearly 6 months and love them!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    bshedwick wrote: »
    If you are ok with around $100, Jaybird X2's are amazing. Lightweight and great sound. I love mine. Best pair of workout bluetooth headphones I've ever owned
    spas2k wrote: »
    I'm seconding the Jbird X2/x3. Best I've tried. I'd stay away from Jabra. They are having customer support issues right now to the point where I'd avoid buying anything from them ever again.

For those with the Jaybirds, do they "seal" your ear? I wear mine while running in the mornings and prefer to hear a little of the traffic noise for safety reasons. I don't crank up the volume either. I have a moto S10 or S11 that has one ear that quit working so it is time to replace. I noticed the Plantronics users are aware of noises around them so I am trying to decide which pair is right for me. Great subject, thank you.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I've been using plantronics for over a year or so now, and I love them! They fit pretty well, and I have abnormally small ears. I only have fit issues very occasionally when they sort of inch loose a bit while running.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I have wired over the ear headphones that frankly suck. They hurt my one ear, probably because I am constantly jamming it back into my ear..

Any suggestions on a new wireless Bluetooth pair that won't break the bank?

Thanks in advance!

@krmiller4217 have you tried using a larger cushion? usually ear buds come with different size cushions (or whatever they're called). I had a problem with mine falling out of my left ear until I finally swapped out the cushion for the larger one.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Hussar, same as Beats but I got them on Amazon for $39.99 with Prime.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'll preface this post by saying I am no audiophile. I bought these without even breaking the piggy bank.

Have only used them maybe eight times but am astonished at how much better they sound than the ear buds from who knows where I had been using.
  • ItsAllMental819
    ItsAllMental819 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I got the Jabra Sport Elite a few months ago & it's the best true wireless ear buds I've used. It is a bit pricey though at 175$ but tracks HR & calories burned among other things with the free app... Jabra has cheaper options also.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I normally don't go for Monster stuff, but I bought a pair of iSPort wireless and I do like them. They stay in my ears fine.