Hips measurements and jean size

Options
Hi Everyone, I am debating buying new jeans. I have not bought jeans since beginning MFP in March. I am 44 inches in the hips and i buy size 14 jeans. I was wondering what are your hip measurements and jean size? I would love to be in a 10-12 by October 15, Also, I am very curvy.

Replies

• brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi lady! I am a size 10 with a 40-41 inch hip. I have been able to wear pretty much everyone's 10 except those crazy stores like Banana Republic and the sort. I think that is because they make their clothes according to the size guide with no room for a little extra.
    Depending on the designer I have even gotten into two size 8's, LOL That's my pray and goal. To be a size 6/8.
    Anyway I have to lose 2-3 more inches in my hips for that ;-)

Now as far as you reaching your goal of a 10/12 by October. It is possible but you have to work super hard. Do tons of lunges, squats, leg lifts, donkey kicks. Also tons of cardio.

It takes a while to break size barriers (That's been my experience at least.)

Good luck sweetie!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i just looked @ a spreadsheet i did back in may & my hips were 41 inches... i wear a size 8 (wore a size 8 back in may too)... i guess everyone is different... good luck on reaching your goal :smile:
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    I'm slightly curvy. my hips are 36.5 and I typically wear a 6, though this can go down to a 4 and up to an 8 on a fairly regular basis!
  • Shluke206
    Shluke206 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My hips are 41 and I just bought a size 10 pair of jeans. In regular pants I am a 12 though (less stretchy material).
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My hips are 39 and size 10 jeans/8 slacks but my hips aren't usually my deterrent, it's my thighs.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was about to order some jeans online form the Gap and Old Navy! I didn't want to be disappointed when i recieved the jeans, that's why I asked! Thanks again...
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    My hips are 43 and I wear a size 14, but they're loose. I have one pair of size 12's I fit into, as well.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My hips are right around 42.5 now and I just bought my first pair of size 12 jeans. They're Levi's and a tiny bit big in the waist, but perfect in the hips. I'd love to be in 10s before the end of the year.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    My hips are 44 inches, but I'm between a size 14 and 16. I'm also thick in the thighs, so cut is a big issue. My favorites are the Lee brand comfort waist, they don't bag open at the waistline. This was a HUGE issue back in the days of sz 24. I was thrilled to see that they make the comfort waist style in regular sizes too.
  • 1RareJewel
    Options
    Thanks for responding! I guess my thighs are just as much of a factor as my hips.
  • 1RareJewel
    Options
    BUMP
  • bombsaway14
    Options
    I measured myself and my hips are measured at 46". I fit in a size 20 jeans (22 are too big on me now), but I have yet to try on a size 18.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    my hips are currently at 38inches, it's all in my bum.... and I wore a size 5/6 this week.....I have to wear a belt with size 8s...if I could find 7's I would buy those.

ETA: although my husband wont let me buy anything bigger than a 6...he is sick of me buying new clothes every couple of months.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yeppers! !! My hips are 39/40 and I wear a size 6 :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Right around 38" and I wear a size 8 now in most brands. When they were 39-40" I wore a 10 and about 41-42" I wore a 12. My waist measurement is usually a size bigger than my hip measurement though (darn PCOS belly) so I have to buy pants accordingly.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Okay I've never understood how my body defies physics, but at 43-44 hips and 35 waste, I've worn size 10/12 and one pair of American eagle 8.....not that I'm complaining...I guess my body compacts well in clothing? Anyway. Its different for everyone is the moral of the story.