Anyone w/sw of 250+ lbs how long for results?

Options
Anybody who started their weight loss journeys at 250+, how much weight did you lose before you started seeing results? As of now I have lost 20 lbs I started at 270 and I havnt dropped any sizes yet. All I notice is my face starting to look slimmer... I know results don't happen overnight, but I do feel a little discouraged that I cant see results other than my face

Replies

• jessielscimeca
    jessielscimeca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jessica. I don't have any success pictures or tips to send to you. I figured I'd comment because I'm starting my weight loss journey at 253.2.
    I hope we can encourage each other along the way!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    sw: 295.5 08.15.16
    cw: 238.4 (-57.1LBS)
    Honestly I'm with you, I don't notice anything slimming down my pant size has dropped but i still feel the same and its discouraging that most people don't notice expect for a few people here and there. I just keep pushing and hopefully I will see a different person when i look in the mirror
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I started (again :frowning: ) around 319, and it does take some time, especially depending on how your weight is situated. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I feel like a butterball turkey, as I have weight all over, not just one particular spot. Like Momma it probably took about 30pds before I noticed a clothing difference, roughly about the same before people actually said anything to me. Congratulations on your loss so far! It takes time, so don't get discouraged.
  • HonduranHaze
    HonduranHaze Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend not weighing for a month, at least. Focus on logging your food and exercising, creating healthy habits.

A few years, when I first started using MFP, I didn't believe I could really lose weight. I waited 6 weeks to weigh, and only then bc I had to weigh at a dr. visit. I lost 10 pounds and was in total shock that I had lost weight. I didn't believe I really could lose!

Hang in there! Don't give up!
  • supermanda28
    supermanda28 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It takes a bit longer to see results but I did feel better within weeks. I started at 268 5'10 wearing a size 20, I am now down to 227 pounds & can wear some size 16 pants depending on the cut. Overall it took a 41 pound difference to drop 2 jean sizes, keep going!! The more you loose the shorter in between sizes
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Anybody who started their weight loss journeys at 250+, how much weight did you lose before you started seeing results? As of now I have lost 20 lbs I started at 270 and I havnt dropped any sizes yet. All I notice is my face starting to look slimmer... I know results don't happen overnight, but I do feel a little discouraged that I cant see results other than my face

Keep at it! Sometimes it's just an extra 5 or 10lb's on top of your amazing 20lb's and suddenly everyone starts noticing, especially you. People often report that it's the 10% lost that really shows, and you are so close to that! As the pervious posters said, until then focus on all the other positive changes aside from weight.

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I started at 254. After I'd lost about 15 pounds, I tried getting into a dress I'd bought about a year earlier. It had needed some alterations that I waited six months to get and by the time I had them done, I looked like a sausage in a tight casing in it. When I tried the dress on this time, it fit perfectly.

Now as for OTHER people noticing, that started around the 25-pound mark.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My highest just before MFP was 256. I first noticed changes when I got around 230. Hubby said there was less @$$ to grab.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I started around the same place and I'm now down 41 lbs. I went down a shirt size and one pant size after about 30 lbs. Now I'm feeling the way you are...when do I get to go down another size? Every time I feel like giving up I remember that I already made it down one size and with every passing week I'm hopeful that the next size is getting closer and closer. So I just keep at it.

Here are some things that keep/have kept me going:

Last week I was walking into school (I'm a school psychologist) and one of the teachers made a comment about how great I looked. I felt so good!

The smaller coat I bought in November now looks ridiculous on me. I'm thankful we are having a normal-than-usual winter up north!

My collarbones! My collarbones! I'm obsessed with them. I touch them ALL.THE.TIME.

I was walking into a school the other day and MY UNDERWEAR FELL DOWN! My pants were still up (no worries friends--the moon did not come out that day) but my underwear fell down inside of my pants.

My closest "guy friend" awkwardly brought it up. Lol. Takes a lot for a guy to notice.
  • LP_Std
    LP_Std Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started around the same place and I'm now down 41 lbs. I went down a shirt size and one pant size after about 30 lbs. Now I'm feeling the way you are...when do I get to go down another size? Every time I feel like giving up I remember that I already made it down one size and with every passing week I'm hopeful that the next size is getting closer and closer. So I just keep at it.

Here are some things that keep/have kept me going:

Last week I was walking into school (I'm a school psychologist) and one of the teachers made a comment about how great I looked. I felt so good!

The smaller coat I bought in November now looks ridiculous on me. I'm thankful we are having a normal-than-usual winter up north!

My collarbones! My collarbones! I'm obsessed with them. I touch them ALL.THE.TIME.

I was walking into a school the other day and MY UNDERWEAR FELL DOWN! My pants were still up (no worries friends--the moon did not come out that day) but my underwear fell down inside of my pants.

My closest "guy friend" awkwardly brought it up. Lol. Takes a lot for a guy to notice.

He must be very observant, hope you weren't too embarrassed.
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I was getting a bit discouraged in the beginning because I expected to drop clothing sizes faster. I saw someone on here describe it as layers of an onion. Because these lbs are coming from all over, it takes more weight to drop a size at larger sizes. I'm down a bit over 40 lbs and I'm finally down about a pant size and a half.

Keep it up! It's not just about that number on the scale or pant size... it's about health. It really sank in with me a few weeks ago when I was carrying a 30 lb dog food bag to my car. I was happy to recognize that I've lost more weight than the bag of dog food. No wonder I'm not getting as winded climbing stairs!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I started at 258 and am down 33lbs but pushing for another 50-60lbs by midsummer, it took me about 15lbs to see a difference. I also felt better, too.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Are you purely logging food or incorporating exercise as well?

I started at 256lb back in the 1st week of December with the exception of Christmas - New Year I've done meal planning, strength training and walking. I've lost about 14lb and down to 242lb now but I have been able to start seeing the results from about the 6 week point, I believe it's mostly down to the strength training as my eating patterns haven't changed too much, although I'm learning to factor eating out/takeaway into my goals. I can definitely see I've lost weight off my stomach and thighs, I can see my arms and calves are more toned and the abs are on the road to definition. I've also had no back or hip pain since I started which is the biggest blessing of all.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!