I don't believe it..

From 1St Jan I've cut my calories to 1200 sometimes over a little but mostly meeting.
I've used the same scale and it tells me I've lost 9kg since I 1st recorded my weight. I don't see 9kg worth of weight off of me so I'm in a bit of disbelief.
So weird

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,138 Member
    9kg in 35 days? Or 1.8kg a week?
    i.e. more than 1500 Cal a day deficit?
    Hopefully you're over 180kg, in which case you did GREAT!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You can't see a lot of difference in just a month. Losing weight takes time.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    im 21kg down from my highest weight and seem to be the only person who cant see the difference...until i look at photo from then to now side by side then i can, but its taken a while
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    This also depends entirely on how large you are when you start. How much do you weigh total?

Obviously the greater total percentage of weight lost will be more apparent, regardless of body size.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    are your clothes getting looser? Seeing it in the mirror can be tough, but the weight came from somewhere.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Water weight mostly
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    Your brain is terrible at judging the size of things, especially people. When you look in the mirror, you see what you expect to see, not what is really there. Maybe start taking progress photos - the camera does lie, but it's a little more truthful than your actual eyes. I've lost 1st 9 (23lb/10.4kg) and I can't really see difference. Other people can, though, especially when they haven't seen me for a while.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    80 pounds down, and side by side before and after photos are the only way I can see it. Obviously there's a difference in the mirror now, but my brain will always see the fat girl.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    I dropped 40 pounds in 20 weeks and I couldn't see it. My DR'S nurse sure did! That's when I had no choice but to admit it.
  • alesiaf4
    alesiaf4 Posts: 3 Member
    Great job! I NEED to find a pair of Accurate Scales but my clothes are looser and arms and legs and belly shrinking