Back again on MFP - After a long time of inactivity

Options
Hi Everyone,

in 2011 I found MFP. I was single then and able to dedicate myself to my health. I did really well for 6 months and lost 30 lbs. Then life changes pushed me off of the wagon and I quickly found myself reverting back to old habits and making a few new bad habits as well. Fast forward to today, I am 30lbs heavier than my starting weight back in 2011 (A 60 lb gain).

My ultimate goal is to finish what I started. Back in 2011 I had the goal of weighing 160 lbs. (66 lb lost). At my starting weight now, this is a long way to go. So I have decided to do this in 4 parts.

My First goal is to lose 10 lbs as I make better eating habits and start my weekly exercise routines.
My Second goal is to then lose 20 lbs. This will put me back at the starting weight I was in 2011.
The Third goal is to lose the 30 lbs I had achieved back in 2011.
And the Fourth being that I want to finish what I started and lose the last 30 lbs.

Each of these goals will be met with a fun reward in the form of a fun activity that I would not normally do but has some kind of activity incorporated in it. To keep me motivated and teach myself how to reward myself along with a calorie burn.

And hopefully these healthy improvements will benefit my family as well.

I would like to extend an open friend request to anyone who is great at giving motivation or anyone who is like me and needs a non-judgmental friend that is happy to help keep ourselves on track. I find that I am good at motivating others but I am easily sidetracked and sabotage myself

Replies

• MikeDubya74
    MikeDubya74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi - way to get going again! I sent you a friend request, please feel free to add me. I'm pretty active with encouraging my friends on the app and I've got about 20 pounds to go myself. Happy to help! Best, Mike