What can I do to stop feeling dizzy

2»

Replies

• CMNVA wrote: »
    Just try an experiment. Eat more one day (say 1400 calories) and see if that resolves it. If so, then you know you aren't eating enough.

Feeling lightheaded and woozy when you first start a caloric restriction is somewhat normal. For instance, if you go from 2500 calories a day to 1200, you're gonna feel it. Your body is used to one sugar level and now it has to adjust to much lower. But that should even out in a week, if it's a sugar issue. 1200 calories is not a lot of food. I am a 53 y/o female who could barely do it (and that was with no exercise). There were plenty of times during the day that I started feeling spacey and out of it. Not a good feeling. At 19, your energy requirements are likely to be even more than mine were so 1200 is probably pretty hard on you.

Feeling lightheaded and dizzy is never "normal"...

See your family Dr and take your food diary with you.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    @l883 OP, are you listening?
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Doctor. Not online advice.
  • fitchick37
    fitchick37 Posts: 124 Member
    As a type 1 diabetic you're describing how I feel when my blood sugar levels go low in to hypoglycaemia but get it checked out with a doc
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    I'm with everyone else saying to go see a Doctor. They're seeing the whole picture and can order labs and tests to rule out medical issues where random people on the internet only have the limited info we're given. Wishing you well
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Oh, that could be a number of reasons for dizziness. I would suggest seeing a doctor while you're making these changes
  • hotel4dogs
    hotel4dogs Posts: 72 Member
    Definitely see a doctor. When I get dizzy, it's from low blood pressure. A couple of quick glasses of water (as per my doctor's advice) fixes me right up. See what your doctor says!