Pounds of rotting food and toxic sludge

Options

Replies

• Kguinn30
    Kguinn30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mag O7 (Magnesium Oxide) it will get that old fecal out of your stomach along with drinking plenty of water, a healthy diet, and exercise. You get it from the Vitamin Shoppe you start seeing a difference in a couple of days. I'm down 8 pounds in 10 days I'm no longer bloated and my stomach is 3x smaller than when I started. I hate those kind of commercials it's not an easy fix. Make sure you check with your Dr. first this worked for me I can't speak for anyone else.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Marie Osmond does it too with Nutri System. She claims one of the products gets rid of "belly bulge"

She also claims she was a chubby child that got made fun of. I think that would be a hard sell even if she hadn't been on TV as a child.

I met her once in the 80's. I was about 10. I was a tall 10 year old, but I just remember how tiny she was.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Despite how stupid the claim, the desire for an easy / "miracle" way to obtain ones weight loss goals is powerful. Powerful enough to make advertisements like this profitable.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    Meh, just go and do a colonoscopy prep, it's cheaper and it'll have the same effect that'll last 2 days until you get your appetite back and rehydrate. I'M NOT SUGGESTING YOU DO THAT FOR REAL. Just pointing out the obvious; )

And a lot of the weight loss is fluid loss as well, it's not pounds and pounds of fecal matter
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Meh, just go and do a colonoscopy prep, it's cheaper and it'll have the same effect that'll last 2 days until you get your appetite back and rehydrate. I'M NOT SUGGESTING YOU DO THAT FOR REAL. Just pointing out the obvious; )

And it's crazy we have to put in these kinds of disclaimers, right? In case someone might actually think it's a good idea!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

And it's crazy we have to put in these kinds of disclaimers, right? In case someone might actually think it's a good idea!
    Laxative abuse is the in thing these days
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

Yeah, I've seen a lot of threads lately. All tied up in the mindset that you can eat it all, and the laxative will pass it on through before it turns to fat. So dangerous, and people think because it's OTC it can't hurt you.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    Kguinn30 wrote: »
    Mag O7 (Magnesium Oxide) it will get that old fecal out of your stomach along with drinking plenty of water, a healthy diet, and exercise. You get it from the Vitamin Shoppe you start seeing a difference in a couple of days. I'm down 8 pounds in 10 days I'm no longer bloated and my stomach is 3x smaller than when I started. I hate those kind of commercials it's not an easy fix. Make sure you check with your Dr. first this worked for me I can't speak for anyone else.
    If you had that much fecal matter in your stomach you would be very ill.

Or any actually

Yes
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

Yeah, I've seen a lot of threads lately. All tied up in the mindset that you can eat it all, and the laxative will pass it on through before it turns to fat. So dangerous, and people think because it's OTC it can't hurt you.

I used to abuse laxatives back in the day when anorexic and I am still suffering the consequences. I have no firm link but I really think it at least triggered my severe crohn's disease.

I wish I had read stories like yours before I did... Thankfully except for a sometimes iffy digestion, I came out of it mostly unscathed.

Why anyone would willingly put themselves through that I'll never understand. (Still don't understand what I was thinking...)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kguinn30 wrote: »
    If you had that much fecal matter in your stomach you would be very ill.

Or any actually

Yes

E-coli comes to mind......
    http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/e-coli-infection-topic-overview#1