• kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    red99ryder wrote: »
    every day is day 1 ,, even after a good day , one day at a time

good luck

This
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Far too many so I stopped bothering with them. Life is so much easier if I don't guilt trip myself about failing what ever "plan" called for a day one.

(BTW I logged my first meal on a Thursday evening. Only times I don't log is on vacation. Otherwise I log the good the bad and the I-rather-not-remember. Especially the I-rather-not-remember)
  • chrissjourney
    chrissjourney Posts: 121 Member
    I did that as I was going through the holidays. Then on a Sunday I sat down and wrote out an entire weeks worth of meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner). I calculated all the calories and made a chart. That made it so much easier to start. Once I had a plan it wasn't hard.

Good for you!
  • chrissjourney
    lorrpb wrote: »
    This is a journey. When I make a wrong turn on a real trip, I don't go home and start over. I just make a few adjustments, drive around the block, and keep going. I view my weight management and fitness the same way. No drama. Just keep going and make any needed adjustments.

Love it! Thanks.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    one ... very easy to get hooked and don't want to go back
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Yours is different for me though ... that one I call the "tomorrow"-complex, and everyday there is another tomorrow, and I have loads of them for things I do not like ... Tax Returns, Cleaning, calling people back I do not like ... too many to list :)
  • wendypf
    wendypf Posts: 9 Member
    I know exactly what you mean. I wake up with the best intentions but go to bed having consumed way too many calories. The next day is the same thing. And the next... Never give up trying and one day will end the way you wanted. And the next day will be day 2 and before you know it you'll be at day 14 or 20 and noticing results. Then it becomes easy.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    So very many... :(

But I love @red99ryder 's comment and so many other user's outlook!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    If every day were day 1 it doesn't seem like you'd have a problem. The problem seems to be that you never really have day 1. Make today day 1, as in stick to your plan all day. Then tomorrow you won't need to tell yourself it's day 1.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Day one? Had one of them. The next 570 are one at a time.

Ooooh - I like this. So true.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    A lot. Maybe 100 by now.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited February 2017
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I had a ton of them. Then I changed my mindset. One difficult day doesn't restart the count, it's all an ongoing process that continually evolves. Do it, or don't. The time will pass anyway.

This. I've had ongoing issues with weight since I was in puberty.

I've passed menopause now. This time? This time I finally get it.

I finally realize that weight management and fitness is a continuum. Every day has its challenges and opportunities. I'm a work in progress for the rest of my life. There will be no more day ones.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Yeah I thought about Sunday but it's Super Bowl Sunday so in advance I said nah... haha. Monday!

Sounds like a whole lot of excuses to me. Your doing it to yourself i really hope you can one day change your thinking. Only person your hurting is yourself.

Nah, there is nothing wrong with not starting a diet because it's Super Bowl Sunday.

Part of living life while managing your weight is understanding that there are just some days where you DGAF.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited February 2017
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I had a ton of them. Then I changed my mindset. One difficult day doesn't restart the count, it's all an ongoing process that continually evolves. Do it, or don't. The time will pass anyway.

This. I've had ongoing issues with weight since I was in puberty.

I've passed menopause now. This time? This time I finally get it.

I finally realize that weight management and fitness is a continuum. Every day has its challenges and opportunities. I'm a work in progress for the rest of my life. There will be no more day ones.

Yes! What these women are saying! I HAVE had a million day ones but now when I fall I just see it as part of the process...don't start over but keep going!
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    So very many... :(

But I love @red99ryder 's comment and so many other user's outlook!

Thanks .. think I stole that but it's true .. every day we start over

Good luck
  • chrissjourney
    Well today is truly my day 1. Don't get me wrong, I try and do my best and I am down a few but the weekend was not so good so in my mind I thought okay I'll start again on Monday. Should I have thrown a whole day away (yesterday)? No, but it is what it is. No go backs, right? Thanks all for your responses!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Well today is truly my day 1. Don't get me wrong, I try and do my best and I am down a few but the weekend was not so good so in my mind I thought okay I'll start again on Monday. Should I have thrown a whole day away (yesterday)? No, but it is what it is. No go backs, right? Thanks all for your responses!

Don't think of it as a thrown away day. Personally, I would have logged it for sheer entertainment value! There are some impressively high calorie counts for a single day on here. I'll try to find one of the threads for you! It will (hopefully) make you feel better about anything you could have possibly eating. In the end, it's not that single day that makes the difference, but what you do the remainder of the time.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    One. It was a Wednesday afternoon, after I received the news that my oral glucose test came back with a number that put me in the pre-diabetic range. I decided right there and then to lose the extra weight and then I got to it. Lost around 50lbs, normalized my glucose number, and have now been in maintenance for a few years.