For those that have Garmin Vivofit2 or 3 or Vivosmart HR

Options
I do a lot of walking so steps and calories burned are my main focus.
I am looking at these 3 right now but would love some feedback for those that use these on a regular basis. What do you love/hate?

Replies

• sammylar1
    sammylar1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit to start -about 5 years ago. It was okay but when I got my Garmin, I loved it way better, bought the heart rate strap and about 4 months ago treated myself to the Vivosmart HR. I really like it for the heart rate tracking when I do cardio for the calorie burn and no extra equipment to put on.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I had a VivoSmart HR, but it wasn't accurate on the calorie count (doubled up for activities). I have a VivoActive HR now and it is much better. Also has a lot more features.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I use a VivoSmartHR. I also use a Forerunner and an Edge for running and cycling.

One of the big benefits to me is that the VivoSmartHR will transmit HR data to the others without having to bother with a strap.

The phone integration is useful.

I've tried to replicate what Tacklewasher describes and I've never seen it.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any Vivofit, but I love my Vivosmart HR. On a recent long run I wore both my Vivosmart HR and my Forerunner 220 with an HR strap. Through the run I compared the HR reading I was getting and the Vivosmart reported HR was usually no more than 1 BPM away from my Forerunner, though sometimes it would be 2 bpm different.

At first it was double counting activities with my Forerunner but somehow that went away after a week or two. I still don't know how. I also had the Vivofit report credit me with too many calories burned but after adjusting the settings I feel it's now accurate.

If you've used a Fitbit, the Garmin will credit you with less steps, but I feel it's much more accurate. My Fitbit used to credit me with 500 steps everytime I used my manual coffee grinder. Vivosmart is too smart for that.

I do have one issue with the Vivosmart. When I plug it in to recharge, it thinks I'm sleeping. That's just ridiculous. It shouldn't record as sleeping or away, just as missing data. That's one place that Fitbit is better than Vivosmart
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    My fitbit use to be pretty dead on step wise and I am not sure if that was because I had it clipped on me or not but it was one reason I have been hesitant to switch/upgrade. I had the Fitbit charge and charge HR for couple days each but my one just seemed to be more accurate step wise.

Now, with my One I can walk 5000 steps and burn 1853 and the next day walk 10,000 and burn 1985. I should have burned more than 132 calories for an extra 5000 steps.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I have the Vivosmart HR+. At first there were a lot of software issues, but it seems as of late they have corrected them. I won't say I love it, but I really like it. I like the GPS feature for my runs, and it's pretty accurate. I just ran a 5K certified by the USATF and my Garmin came in .02 km off, but I have to think there's a margin of error between the official mark off and what I ran.

The GPS is the only difference between the HR and HR+, so if you don't need that feature the HR should do you just fine.
  • jadakiss228
    jadakiss228 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love my vivosmart! Sometimes it can count steps if I'm using my hands a lot... Thanks my only gripe.