Does it really matter for just one day?

Options
I'm feeling under the weather today, a bit fluey and I haven't eaten much. Just finished my quickie dinner (half a frozen pizza), and have had a bottle of lucozade, but I still have about 480 calories left for today. To be honest, I CBA to eat anything else, I'm totally full from the pizza. I'm thinking of just going straight to bed (it's 9pm here).

I'm usually within about 50 cals either side of my goal each day, so does it REALLY matter if I leave those 500 calories uneaten for one day? Surely it can't, right? For one day when I'm sick?

Just for information, I think my current calorie goal is 1500 or so, so I have eaten just over 1000 calories today.

Replies

• photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    No, one day won't hurt anything :) It's only when your body gets used to a lower calorie intake that it causes problems with your metabolism
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Just make it up tomorrow or the next day.
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have days like that. I wouldn't push the food if you aren't feeling well. Just make sure you are getting liquids, so you don't get dehydrated.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    PS. I'm often really hungry the next day and go over my cals. I figure it balances out.:flowerforyou:
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    No it won't. Just like it doesn't matter if you go over 400 on one day only. Over the week it's not a big deal, just don't do it all the time! But when you're sick, blah who wants to eat? Chicken soup and toast for me.

Side note: if you want to get the nutrients still, drink Ensure. When I got my wisdom teeth out I couldn't eat anything because I could barely open my mouth, but I was starting to get weak so I started drinking them and now this is what I have for lunch on a regular basis at work during the week. Get the high protein chocolate - 225 cals and has lots of vitamins and minerals.
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    One day doesn't really matter at all. Just take care of yourself and feel better...
  • tewsy
    tewsy Posts: 34
    Options
    I think you will be alright! Feel Better!
  • Geordie_Girl
    Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I'm off to bed then :laugh:
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    No problem at all. Congrats on getting 1,000 in when you're sick. That's an accomplishment in itself.

Sleep and drink fluids. That's ALL your body needs for several days.