Replies

• markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    cmtigger wrote: »
    Kguinn30 wrote: »
    Mag O7 (Magnesium Oxide) it will get that old fecal out of your stomach along with drinking plenty of water, a healthy diet, and exercise. You get it from the Vitamin Shoppe you start seeing a difference in a couple of days. I'm down 8 pounds in 10 days I'm no longer bloated and my stomach is 3x smaller than when I started. I hate those kind of commercials it's not an easy fix. Make sure you check with your Dr. first this worked for me I can't speak for anyone else.
    If you had that much fecal matter in your stomach you would be very ill.

Or any actually

Yes

E-coli comes to mind......
    http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/e-coli-infection-topic-overview#1

Salmonella worked for me.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Mag O7 (Magnesium Oxide) it will get that old fecal out of your stomach along with drinking plenty of water, a healthy diet, and exercise. You get it from the Vitamin Shoppe you start seeing a difference in a couple of days. I'm down 8 pounds in 10 days I'm no longer bloated and my stomach is 3x smaller than when I started. I hate those kind of commercials it's not an easy fix. Make sure you check with your Dr. first this worked for me I can't speak for anyone else.
    If you had that much fecal matter in your stomach you would be very ill.

Or any actually

Yes

E-coli comes to mind......
    http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/e-coli-infection-topic-overview#1

Salmonella worked for me.

Fistula, some kind of back up.....
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

As long as your doctor is Dr. Oz. Because he's about the only "doctor" who would recommend this kind of unsubstantiated woo.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Those ads have always annoyed me. Praying on the desperate and uneducated. :(
    Eleniala wrote: »
    vingogly wrote: »
    The "if your belly is getting too flat" one is amusing, too. At least it would be if people didn't seriously fall for this nonsense and send them money. I'm in the wrong racket.

But it's a FREE trial...so you've got nothing to lose except pounds of rotting food and toxic sludge!!

(Fine print: First month supply is free. Just pay $39.95 for shipping and handling. After your free month we'll mail you a refill every 30 days for the low rate of just $89.99 plus s&h. For your convenience we will discreetly charge your credit card. You can cancel your subscription any time after 24 months by calling 1-900-SCAMMER. Average hold time is 182 minutes. Calls are $2.99 per minute. What are you waiting for? Free trials are limited and there is a strict limit of ONE per household.)

Only 182 minutes? That's even faster than a certain phone company I won't mention. I'm IN!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I did a 2-day prep for colonoscopy recently and am here to report that I discharged 3.0 lb of said rotting food and toxic sludge, and still had love handles, loose skin, and the dashing and charming shar pei look.

And you probably regained about 2.5 lb of that over the next couple of days when you put food and liquid back into your body.

I am in day 3 of my prep (the clear liquid day). I get to do the drink tonight because my procedure is tomorrow. Good times ahead.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    lauracups wrote: »
    Meh, just go and do a colonoscopy prep, it's cheaper and it'll have the same effect that'll last 2 days until you get your appetite back and rehydrate. I'M NOT SUGGESTING YOU DO THAT FOR REAL. Just pointing out the obvious; )

And it's crazy we have to put in these kinds of disclaimers, right? In case someone might actually think it's a good idea!
    Laxative abuse is the in thing these days

Yeah, I've seen a lot of threads lately. All tied up in the mindset that you can eat it all, and the laxative will pass it on through before it turns to fat. So dangerous, and people think because it's OTC it can't hurt you.

I used to abuse laxatives back in the day when anorexic and I am still suffering the consequences. I have no firm link but I really think it at least triggered my severe crohn's disease.

I do know it can cause your intestines to no longer function properly because the laxatives used to trigger the contractions and your body forgot how to do it by itself. Most people recover function in time but whether this would trigger a permanent condition like Crohn's would be something maybe a GI doctor would know.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    red99ryder wrote: »
    Yeah, Marie Osmond does it too with Nutri System. She claims one of the products gets rid of "belly bulge"

I noticed Lady Gaga had a little bulge in the SuperBowl half time show , she should talk to Marie lol

Good luck everyone
    @red99ryder
    .. a link to her comment from her Twitter page. click the photo..