Hummus Flavors

Options
Ok, so I bought hummus because I see some of my MFP pals eating it. I totally should've asked this question before shopping because the Roasted Garlic flavor was NOT a wise choice :sick: My breathe is now stinky and I'm suffering through this awful after taste :frown:

If you're a fan of hummus, what are they tasty flavors?

Replies

• datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    the garlic one :) ... hahahaha... gum gum gum!
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of them. But, if you're new to hummus, the 'original' in a lot of the brands is quite good. red pepper is yummy as well.
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I love original hummus & also some brands of roasted red pepper. :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Roasted Red Pepper is by far my favorite! I've tried the garlic before and I hated it. But I eat the red pepper one almost daily. The Sabra Red Pepper is the best!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I had that for lunch but just the regular one... I like the garlic one too...
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    roasted red pepper, spinach, artichoke, pinenut, jalapeno. They are all good! try making your own!
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Jalapeno and Cilantro hummus is the best hummus I have ever had!!
  • emilylaura7
    Options
    Roasted pine nut... soo yummy!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    The Athenos Spicy 3 Pepper!! YUM!....but they'll all give you stinky breath. Make sure you have a toothbrush or plenty of gum on hand...
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I recommend roasted red pepper hummus, so good. I also really like Tribe's forty Spice hummus and Sabra's Spinach and Artichoke hummus. Not too into garlic hummus either.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The roasted red pepper by Sabra is my favorite! No aftertaste at all...it is sooo good :)
  • missjaiy
    missjaiy Posts: 58
    Options
    WOW! I didn't realize hummus was so popular! To all the garlic lovers...you all have a strong stomach :laugh:
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    ROASTED RED PEPPER!!!!!!!!!!! My absolute fav is Cedar's Brand Roasted Red Pepper, yummmmmmm-o! With Stacy's Simply Naked Bagel Chips!
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Roasted Pepper or Spicy Pepper. I think all hummus has garlic.? Garlic is great, if everybody you meet in your life, had it for dinner last night also ;)
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The normal flavour or one with herbs and lots of lemon in it are my favourites
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Roasted Pine Nut definitely! I love garlic but most of them are just way too much! I did try mixing the garlic hummus with the roasted red pepper and that's pretty durn yummy!!!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love the roasted garlic and chive flavor from whole foods

it's not too garlicky or anything
  • missjaiy
    missjaiy Posts: 58
    Options
    Red Peppers seems popular! I'm nervous though. Maybe I can sneak a taste test prior to purchase :wink:
  • likeaphoenix
    likeaphoenix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    For me, a long time hummus person, I just find the Sabra SO much tastier (and therefore perhaps better for a newbie). The reason it tastes better: more oils. Which is NOT so great since we're watching calories, but it's still not really bad, and a VERY satisfying tasty snack. 70 calories for 2 tablespoons. For me, almost all of the Sabra flavors are good.

The other brands are a more traditional, more chick-pea-y hummus. But not as DELICIOUS.

Best wishes! (splurge on hummus on wheat thins, or spread it on celery or a romaine lettuce leaf :love:
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Red Peppers seems popular! I'm nervous though. Maybe I can sneak a taste test prior to purchase :wink:

If you're very new to hummus you might start with "original", or the pine nut flavor. They're both very mild flavors.
    I'm actually planning to "make my own" this weekend!!