What happens IF...

Options
I'm taking creatine at the moment, what happens if I miss a few days? I'm 3/4 weeks into it.

Also what happens if I was to miss taking creative on the weekends for instance?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm taking creatine at the moment, what happens if I miss a few days? I'm 3/4 weeks into it.

Also what happens if I was to miss taking creative on the weekends for instance?

Creatine is a muscle saturator, so at worse you won't get the full effects of it. If you want to maintain high levels of creatine, than you should take it daily. Otherwise, it may not be worth being on the supplement.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    The only negative (as @psuLemon alluded to), is that you are wasting money if you don't stick with taking it daily.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    The only negative (as @psuLemon alluded to), is that you are wasting money if you don't stick with taking it daily.

I have come to the conclusion that I'm probably wasting my money anyway, given the amounts of fish (especially salmon and tuna) and chicken that I eat. Ah well, at least it's cheap.
  • psuLemon
    Options

I have come to the conclusion that I'm probably wasting my money anyway, given the amounts of fish (especially salmon and tuna) and chicken that I eat. Ah well, at least it's cheap.

I won't take it because I am still experiencing a ton of newbie gains. I will only consider it when I struggle with plateaus.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

I won't take it because I am still experiencing a ton of newbie gains. I will only consider it when I struggle with plateaus.

I've been lifting for almost 20 years with only the use of protein as a "supplement" which honestly I don't consider- really a supplement.

Still doing okay and making gains without it.
  • vinceno21
    vinceno21 Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've been taking creatine daily for a few years now (maintenance dose of 5g). You definitely have to take it daily for it to actually work for you. I also agree that if you're new to working out there is no need to take it until you get stuck in a rut. You definitely dont look like you just started lifting tho lol.
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    vinceno21 wrote: »
    I've been taking creatine daily for a few years now (maintenance dose of 5g). You definitely have to take it daily for it to actually work for you. I also agree that if you're new to working out there is no need to take it until you get stuck in a rut. You definitely dont look like you just started lifting tho lol.

Fair enough, I’ll start taking it properly again!

I think the reason I don’t like taking it is because I am getting muscle cramps (calves when playing football) & am ALWAYS going to the toilet in the middle of the night. I think half the issue is that I’m not drinking enough water!

Ha thanks mate, I’ve been going to the gym for just over 12 months now!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    vinceno21 wrote: »

Fair enough, I’ll start taking it properly again!

I think the reason I don’t like taking it is because I am getting muscle cramps (calves when playing football) & am ALWAYS going to the toilet in the middle of the night. I think half the issue is that I’m not drinking enough water!

Ha thanks mate, I’ve been going to the gym for just over 12 months now!

Electrolyte imbalance probably why you are cramping. Increase sodium, potassium and magnesium.