Does this happen to anyone else?

Options
I'm a pretty fit female, size 2. I find that if I eat healthy, meaning within my TDEE calories, and workout, my body looks and feels great! Very toned, thin, and how I like. That being said, every time I overindulge, if you will, my body goes from looking toned and lean to bloated, bumpy, and just...fluffy! I have to revert and be back to my normal regime for about 1-2 weeks before I snap back and look thin again. For instance, Super Bowl Sunday...I ate all the good foods! And I don't really regret it because I know one day here or there of indulgence isn't going to hurt my long term goals. Its just the immediate after effect that bugs me! I feel gross for a good 1-2 weeks after. Is it just because of the high fatty foods I'm eating at these times. Does this happen to anyone else? Or am I the only one who's body looks bleh after a highly enjoyable, although overindulgent meal.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    yes it happens to me too.

I mean I am not in amazing shape or anything but if I have over indulged I can tell...

Now my sister is like you ...slim trim ect and if she does it is very noticeable...probably more so in you slim folks than those of us who are not as slim as you all.
  • kaygold
    kaygold Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I mean I am not in amazing shape or anything but if I have over indulged I can tell...

Now my sister is like you ...slim trim ect and if she does it is very noticeable...probably more so in you slim folks than those of us who are not as slim as you all.

I never thought about it like that, but you could be right about it being more prominent the slimmer the person. I just know its super frustrating. It makes me feel like I can't relax the reins every once in a while :(
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    kaygold wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I never thought about it like that, but you could be right about it being more prominent the slimmer the person. I just know its super frustrating. It makes me feel like I can't relax the reins every once in a while :(

I get that...but it's a mind set and you might possibly be seeing more "bloat" than others because you feel guilty over the indulgence...don't..we all deserve it once in a while.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure this happens to everybody ;)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    My tummy gets upset if I overdo the rich stuff after being low calorie for a while. This can cause a bit of bloating and general malaise. I reckon it's worth it for the joy of brief debauchery. I think it's just a case of the guts rebelling against something they're not used to.

If it's making you unhappy, is it possible your normal diet is a bit strict? If you can loosen the reins a little day to day and include more treats in small portions, it may be less of a shock when you do indulge.