I'm confused

Options
carolinepradeswascowdry
carolinepradeswascowdry Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2017 in Getting Started
d7d2mklvr5g1.png
Hi guys I've just up graded to VIP as I'm weighing my macros , I'm a little confused as I'm adding my food for day , so I'm aloud 218g of protein and 164g of carbs , 20g fats , so I'm adding my food so amount aloud by 3 meals a day equals 54g carbs 72g protein etc , but when I'm adding grams it's saying I've added 54g of wheat pasta but then it's says I've only had 34g pasta ? Also the calories arnt enough each meal but I'm weighing it out ? Xx any advice would be appreciated xx added pic of my diary x

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    d7d2mklvr5g1.png
    Hi guys I've just up graded to VIP as I'm weighing my macros , I'm a little confused as I'm adding my food for day , so I'm aloud 218g of protein and 164g of carbs , 20g fats , so I'm adding my food so amount aloud by 3 meals a day equals 54g carbs 72g protein etc , but when I'm adding grams it's saying I've added 54g of wheat pasta but then it's says I've only had 34g pasta ? Also the calories arnt enough each meal but I'm weighing it out ? Xx any advice would be appreciated xx added pic of my diary x

If I understand your question correctly: You've logged 55 grams of pasta, but that doesn't mean it has 55 grams of carbohydrates. That's why there is a discrepancy between the amount of pasta you logged and the carbohydrates in that meal. MFP isn't saying you had 34 grams of pasta. It is telling you the total for that meal, which includes the pasta.
  • carolinepradeswascowdry
    Options
    Hi thankyou for reply , so does that mean I have to up the amount of carbs I'm logging then as I've weighed out 54g of pasta , that would mean I have to log 80g of pasta to give me a reading of 54g ? Xx
  • o2bmaggie
    o2bmaggie Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I focus on the calories as well and use the nutrient info as a guideline for making food choices. You remind me of me, I like to be very exacting. Precision is awesome but if you make it too involved it will be difficult to keep up with when life gets hectic. It sounds like you're off to a very good (and dedicated) start! Kudos! :)
  • carolinepradeswascowdry
    carolinepradeswascowdry Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks guys I'm guessing I'm going by the nutritional value total it gives you when you enter foods not what you have weighed out ? I've just bar coded my pasta which says 100g is 67g of carbs ? So I go by the 67g reading not the 100g weight ? Xx it's so confusing
  • NatashaTM
    NatashaTM Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to lose weight or just track a balanced diet. I only ask as my calorie goal is much lower than yours. I am in it for the weight loss. I focus on protein while maintaining low carbs and keeping at/under my calorie target. I tried to balance my macros the same as you, but I do not want to take in too much protein and my only option would be to up the fats... I ingest healthy fats and butters, but there is no way I can up them enough to meet my macro goal. It was a losing battle for me.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    go by the nutritional value on the box

i.e. the pasta I normally have - 1 serving is 56g, but it has 46g carbs - so if I want to have 80g of carbs for a meal - I eat 1.73 servings; which is 97g