Hi I'm trying to lose weight

Options
mydaughters9380
mydaughters9380 Posts: 19 Member
Hi I'm trying to lose weight I'm wondering if people cud give me a few tips as I'm struggling to lose the weight I'm exercising and eating better but still no weight loss

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi! You might get more traffic if you post this in the "general diet and weight loss" thread.

ETA: Or the "getting started" thread. Check the threads already posted at the top of those categories and you'll find lots of useful information already out there. Best of luck to you!
  • mydaughters9380
    Options
    Thanks i have done that now didn't realise it was wrong thread x
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm trying to lose weight I'm wondering if people cud give me a few tips as I'm struggling to lose the weight I'm exercising and eating better but still no weight loss

I have something you should consider...

Retrain your thinking

What do i mean by this?

What happens to 99% of people that diet and exercise to "lose" weight? They gain back the weight they "lost".

Why is that?

As human beings, we have been taught and conditioned that when something is lost, it needs to be found. Word association, quick...what's the first thing you think of when you hear the word...lost?

Found.

Without thinking, we sabotage ourselves when we say we want to lose weight. If you successfully want to shed the pounds, you need to get rid of the excess body fat.

See what i did there? It's not the weight you want to lose or get rid of, but the excess body fat. I mean, if you really want to "lose weight" cut off your leg! Lol, right? Hell, if you had a Genie and he granted you 3 wishes I can guarantee the first thing the Genie would do is make your head disappear. BAM, 10lbs gone! Why? Because you were not specific in what you wanted to achieve.

Retrain your way of thinking and focus on what you're want to accomplish. Believe in this goal just as much as you believe in anything else.

What have you got to lose :wink:
  • BishopLord
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Also, you need to be up front with us. How long have you been exercising and dieting? Have you noticed your clothes fitting different? Have you tried putting on an article of clothing that was too small a few months back?
  • mydaughters9380
    Options
    I have been properly exercising for 4 weeks and been counting my calories aswell.....yes I have put a pair of jeans on that was tight but now started to feel bit better to wear.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Food scale...........as mentioned above.

Weight loss is not about "eating better" it's about eating less. But, eating better should help you stay full longer, and give you more nutrition for lower calories. So eating better is good....not mandatory.

Exercise is great for health & fitness, but don't count on it for weight loss. Calorie burns are often not as much as people think.

Not losing weight......how long has it been? Weight will fluctuate from day to day (sodium, time of month, sore muscles, waste, etc). How close are you to goal? Closer to goal = slower weight loss.
  • BishopLord
    Options
    I have been properly exercising for 4 weeks and been counting my calories aswell.....yes I have put a pair of jeans on that was tight but now started to feel bit better to wear.
    Which means you got rid of fat, and gained muscle. Hence, no change in "weight".
    You're on the right path.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    BishopLord wrote: »
    Which means you got rid of fat, and gained muscle. Hence, no change in "weight".

It's hard enough for women to add muscle while eating at a surplus, progressive heavy lifting......1 pound a month maybe? But eating at a deficit (to lose fat).....my guess would be water weight.
  • melissarodriguez3378
    Options
    Hello ! I need a little help :), I want to lose weight I'm 160 and 5^4 in height , a few meal plans or an idea of what I should eat each day would really help , I walk 3-4 miles per day and work on my arms when I get back , Thank you Melissa
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Hello ! I need a little help :), I want to lose weight I'm 160 and 5^4 in height , a few meal plans or an idea of what I should eat each day would really help , I walk 3-4 miles per day and work on my arms when I get back , Thank you Melissa

You probably want to start your own thread, Melissa :)
  • mydaughters9380
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    BishopLord wrote: »

It's hard enough for women to add muscle while eating at a surplus, progressive heavy lifting......1 pound a month maybe? But eating at a deficit (to lose fat).....my guess would be water weight.

Thanks i am eating at a deficit to lose weight xx