Options
2»

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Rowan09 wrote: »
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Black coffee with Silk Almond Milk caramel creamer. It's only 15 calories a tablespoon. I usually do about 3 tablespoons, add ice. Yummy iced coffee for less than 50 calories!
    I have heard that adding almond milk to coffee makes it come out yucky. Have you had this experience with the creamer?

@Rowan09 I use almond milk in my coffee every day hot or cold and it if Fing fabulous. I use vanilla almond milk, sometimes chocolate. YUM!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I use the single serve coffee creamers in mine, they're 25 cal each & I use 3 a day, a lot less from what I used to before mfp.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Iced Americano extra shot black. I can't help. I don't do that stuff. I usually get hot Americano. But they have sugar free caramel or sugar free vanilla, and you can get either skim, soy, or almond milk.
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I refuse to live without my coffee with half and half in it. I have always had my coffee with artificial sweetner. I dropped from two coffees a day to just one and that made a huge difference. I honestly don't count the small splash of cream I put in there in the morning. It is literally the only thing I don't count, but I barely even have my eyes open, so I cut myself a little slack. It has not hurt my progress at all, but I don't recommend that approach!
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I love ice coffee.. but this whole make it with skim milk and sugar just sounds VILE! A proper ice coffee is made with cream!

Try making it yourself..
    Extra strong coffee (I just double the normal scoops I use to make a pot)
    1/2 a cup of Glenview farms sugar free vanilla ice cream (70 calories in .5 cup)
    Put the icecream in bottom of the glass and poor coffee over it. Mix well. Then add ice.
    then add a 0 calorie flavoring like torani's hazelnut syrup 0cal
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    I drink iced coffee with just cream every day! It comes to about 70 calories and fits into my diet nicely. Are you using a lot of milk, cream, and/or sugar?
    Me too. I use my Keurig to brew a coffee over ice (I use the 6 oz, strong setting) and then add about 45 mL of half and half.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have gradually reduced my coffee to 10 calories a cup, and it used to be over 200. I make flavored coffee (hazelnut is my fave) with 3 Splendas and 1 oz of skim milk. I have about 4 cups a day. I used to use Coffee Mate Hazelnut Flavored cream and dump it in my coffee. I think it's like 60 calories a tbsp or something really high.
  • KTLavellan
    KTLavellan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee black at home, but coffee shop drip coffee is too bold/ strong for me. So if I'm craving something cool and tasty, I'll order a venti iced coffee, with 2 pumps of mocha (25 cal x 2, 10g sugar), and add about 1oz of half and half (40 cal per oz). Tastes like an iced mocha!

Calorie total: 90 cal
  • Emilyrae1012
    Emilyrae1012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Get 2 shots at Starbucks extra ice in vent cup. Then pour in 1/2 of a pure protein carmel drink. It's awesome, and around 90 cal. And very filling.
  • stepgirl1227
    stepgirl1227 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    kay_baybay wrote: »
    Who doesn't love iced coffee? If you do like I do, how do I still get to enjoy my favorite treat but not spend my daily allowance on one grande iced beverage. (I could cut it out but what is life without iced coffee.. ya I'm that much of a fan) What do you do/what are your alternatives?

I make my own iced coffee using the Toddy system (supposed to be less acidic). one batch lasts me about 1.5 weeks. Each morning I make my iced coffee in a large 24 oz. tumbler with a straw. I use one Premier Protein drink (30g P), 3/4 C of the iced coffee, water and ice. I like the Vanilla premier protein shakes best- can buy them in bulk at Cost co or Sams. I drink this EVERY morning :-)
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    get an iced americano (espresso and water) with sugar free vanilla syrup if you need it and a splash of almond milk, or just drink it black
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I make my iced coffee at home. I use regular drip coffee, a bunch of ice and a little bit of Sugar Free Flavored Syrup (salted caramel or French vanilla). Comes out to be about 5 calories and delicious! :smiley: