CLA Supplement

Options
Anyone here taking a CLA supplement while losing and getting fit? If so, did you find it worked? I have just started and am curious if it does work.

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I got a free 2mth supply of CLA with my protein powder, I didnt notice any difference other than it constipated me.

If you do a search here you will find many threads on CLA, which include peer review studies mostly saying it's bunk.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    CLA has minimum effects on obese people and insignificant results with the general population. It does hardly anything to assist with weight loss. This can be verified with several studies already done with it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if you are losing and getting fit why do you need it?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Ahh yes, CLA, the only trans fat you'll see people wasting good money on, because it's in capsule form.

I got the same free bottle as Christine. Mine's still sitting unopened, waiting for me to toss it in the trash.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Nope. Don't waste your money. Just maintain a deficit
  • lavoiekr
    lavoiekr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback. It was a nutritionist who suggested using it and I was a bit skeptical.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    lavoiekr wrote: »
    Thank you for your feedback. It was a nutritionist who suggested using it and I was a bit skeptical.

ahh,its best to see a dietitian if needed. I dont think they would have suggested that. unless they arent a very good one.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    https://examine.com/supplements/conjugated-linoleic-acid/
    ...However, human studies on CLA are very unreliable and the overall effects seen with CLA are not overly potent as well as sometimes contradicting. CLA is a good research standard to investigated fatty acids and the PPAR system, but its usage as a supplement for personal goals is quite lacklustre.