2»

Replies

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    What's wrong with you people?

Too much temptation to blow it off after work.

No way. It's so much easier to blow it off early in the morning.

I agree with that.. my bed is way to comfy.. I'd never get it done if I had to do morning workouts
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    No time to go after work. 5am is my "me time" when I know I won't be interrupted. Sad, but true.
  • Bucknutz247
    Bucknutz247 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    5am five days a week. With an hour drive there. God what i thinking
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Late night is my only option
  • LP_Std
    LP_Std Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Do you guys and girls who go to the gym in the early morning eat or drink anything beforehand? If so, do you allow time for digestion, etc.?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    What's wrong with you people?

Right?

I don't do nuthin' til the sun gets warm.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    LP_Std wrote: »
    Do you guys and girls who go to the gym in the early morning eat or drink anything beforehand? If so, do you allow time for digestion, etc.?

Depends. Cardio days I eat a slice of toast with peanut butter on it so I don't pass out. Otherwise no. Too much in my stomach whether water or food will make me sick. I'll eat within an hour afterwards.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I've run marathons and the long training miles were run very early in the morning.

.... so stupid.

I won't do that again any time soon.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 4:30, gym time is 5:30-6:15am. Work at 7. Repeat 4 to 5 days a week. I don't have anything except coffee and/or water before I work out. It's the only time I can go to the gym and also get to see my husband at all (he works Friday straight through late Sunday night whereas I have more normal weekday hours). Also, I love morning time. It is my happy time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    In the summer I have two options...cycle in the early AM or in the heat of the day...neither are particularly my favorite things to do and I tend to alternate...I'll wake up early and be like, "*kitten* it...I'll ride in the heat"...then I'm riding in the heat and I'm like "*kitten* this *kitten*...I'm getting up early tomorrow"...summer basically sucks where my riding is concerned...though I will say that I do enjoy the sunrise on a fresh summer morning on my bike...but Ermergerd I like to sleep...
  • Strokerace96
    Strokerace96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have to be at work at 6:00 so I have to go to the gym at 4 and get my start on my day. It just makes my day go better when I get up.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym by 5:15 am 3-4 days a week for an hour. Weekends are more around 9-10 for about 1.5 - 2 hours. I have to workout fasted. Too early to have something in my stomach.
  • bee11mct
    bee11mct Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was going to the gym at 5am 3-4 times a week with a buddy but was struggling to be on time for the gym classes so I decided to quit the gym and try to exercise at home in the am instead. Well this is not going well. I wake up at 5:45 I make myself a coffee and sit on the couch.
  • marrrisa
    marrrisa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Early morning workouts are new for me! I found I never had the energy after a full day of work and had a hard time sticking to actually going.

I'm on about week 3 of being up by 5 to gym from 6-7 before I head to work in the mornings. So far (and I can't believe I'd ever say this) I'm really enjoying it! I'm shooting for 3-5 days per week right now, hoping to make it a solid 4-5 in the next month or so.
  • marrrisa
    marrrisa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LP_Std wrote: »

I usually eat half a protein bar with my preworkout about 15-20 mins before I go to the gym. I'm usually not hungry at the time, but sometimes the hunger hits while I'm working out and it makes me so uncomfortable!

• leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Can't do early morning other than running, I prefer afternoon or night.
  • cjohnsonss
    cjohnsonss Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My gym opens at 5am on weekdays and 8am on the weekends. I go Friday through Monday every week. Sometimes more. Its the best way for me to start my day.