frustrated and discouraged

Options
2»

Replies

• C110266Chris♥
    Options
    What kind of a daily schedule do you have? Do you have a lunch hour that you can do a small workout on? What kind of support do you get from your family?

The only thing I can say, is once you start and get a good routine and see results it encourages you to keep doing it. It's so hard to get started though.

(((HUGS)))
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    Not much family support. Everything just seems like a viscious cycle. Do feel like I am doing this alone most of the time. To me, everything revolves around your health. Mental, emotional, physical. If I eat bad, i feel bad. I try to do all the right things, over and over and over, and I would have to say this is the toughest battle I have faced. Just about defeated. I loathe that I have had to live my life with this daily battle. It affects every single aspect of my life. Thanks for listening.
  • jstarr0612
    jstarr0612 Posts: 13
    Options
    It will get better. I was in your boat for a long time. It was just recently that I finally decided I didnt want to feel that way about myself any more. You're a very pretty lady, and you shouldnt be so down on yourself. Make an effort every day to try to do better than the day before. If you do over eat or eat bad, just know to do better next time, dont give up. :) You can do this.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Start slow and build on it. My routine at the moment is get up, toilette come downstairs do a round of sit ups, have my breakfast and get on with my day. In a few weeks I'll add something else on as well a increasing my sit ups, and so on and so on. Maybe have something just before I go to bed too. At first it's small enough that it doesn't actually take much time, then you allow time for it and find you can fit in something else that doesn't take up much, so before you know it you've got a full half hour work out planned into each day.
  • pezmel
    pezmel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As someone who is also fighting the good fight and getting up at 4:30am to exercise, I know how hard it is. After the gym, once I've gotten to work I do this little trick. On my first trip to the bathroom, while standing at the urinal, I remind myself how great it feels that I've already gotten my workout in for the day. I mentally say the words, and reflect on a job well done and remind myself to make sure I can have this same talk the next day.

Now I don't suggest you go to a bathroom with a urinal in it :-)
    But whenever you get some alone time give yourself a well deserved pat on the back!

Michael
    http://www.ironmanweightloss.com
    http://twitter.com/#!/phatcentaur
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    Thank you all. Amazingly enough, I like who I see in the mirror and the frontal view. However, don't turn me sideways. :(:)
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    That made me laugh, thank you so much. It does work to say affirmations and tell yourself that you feel great and are happy and kudo's for the workouts and eating well. Thank you so much. It helps :)
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    Thank you. I appreciate the pep talk :)