Wonderful words : I am so proud of you

Options
Elleinnz
Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
Last night I still had a few calories to eat by the end of the day (big eating day in the zig-zag cycle), so there I am sitting munching on a small handful of walnuts, and two squares of Lindt 70% chocolate when my son that lives in Australia Skypes me....

Conversation goes like this:

Neil: What are you doing?
Me: Stuffing my face....
Neil: What are you eating?
Me: Walnuts an chocolate....
Neil: REALLY???
Me: Yep - 2 Squares of Lindt 70%
Neil: I am so proud of you....

It just made my day (once again) and made me realize how often I hear him say those words to me these days - and I know it is not just because he is a nice boy, but because he actually means it!

After years of worrying about his mother - and slowly seeing her getting fatter and fatter, and more an more unhealthy ( more than once over the years he mentioned that he would like to have me around for a very long time....) he now has this new mother that he can be proud of!

I am so thankful that I somehow found the strength and wisdom to change my life around - not just for the wonderful benefits that I am experiencing day in day out - but more importantly I now realize to give my loved ones the opportunity to be proud of me - and hopefully be an example to them that one can make changes in your life that will change your life - and also the lives of those around you.

Today I am humbled and extremely happy that my son is proud of his mother!

Replies

• DizzyLizzy84
    DizzyLizzy84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It feels good doesn't it!

My 4 year old daughter told me the other day, after i got out of the shower "Your belly is getting smaller, mum!" made my day untill she threw in "But your bum is stil a little bit wobbly" LOL Geez i love her! <3
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options

My 4 year old daughter told me the other day, after i got out of the shower "Your belly is getting smaller, mum!" made my day untill she threw in "But your bum is stil a little bit wobbly" LOL Geez i love her! <3
    That is VERY cute.
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    the one thing I have craved for years is for my PT to actually say he is proud of me. I know he is, but he's never actually said it.

So i find it so important to tell others that I am proud of them when I genuinely am
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options

That is VERY cute.

that is just so stickin' cute. and exactly what a 4 year old would say :laugh:
  • lauram1153
    lauram1153 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That is such a nice thing to happen.. thats what you call motivation x
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a little words like that means so much to us, and that's what keeping us getting better and better.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Isn't it wonderful to hear your kid praise you (especially after suffering through their teen years) LoL. Good for you and your son.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    the one thing I have craved for years is for my PT to actually say he is proud of me. I know he is, but he's never actually said it.

So i find it so important to tell others that I am proud of them when I genuinely am

My PT told me last week that he once told a client he was proud of her, and she told him that she resented it - and that she found he was trying to " own some of her results" I could not believe that......I credit him so much for where he has gotten me.....and told him he can tell me all he wants that he is proud of me.....

He actually has this wonderful grin on his face when I step up to his challenges, so even if he does not tell me - I can see it on his face!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    these words are sometimes what gets me to work out. hearing it from MFpals and my fiance. Great job and your son sounds ; like a wonderful young man :)
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options

My PT told me last week that he once told a client he was proud of her, and she told him that she resented it - and that she found he was trying to " own some of her results" I could not believe that......I credit him so much for where he has gotten me.....and told him he can tell me all he wants that he is proud of me.....

He actually has this wonderful grin on his face when I step up to his challenges, so even if he does not tell me - I can see it on his face!

That's fantastic that you can see what he is telling you - PT's work hard to get results and they SHOULD be proud of the creations they come up with!!
    However, I have been told by a couple of PTs that the greatest compliment you can tell them is "I hate you" and I tell mine that regularly - whenever I do he gets that sneaky glint in his eye!!
    I have a PT friend who LOVES hearing that - it means they are really getting into your head!!!!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    How wonderful to hear those words!! My hubby said that to me yesterday when I went back to the gym after a 2 week hiatus. (Lots of family drama and lots of excuses on why I didn't go). Made me more proud of myself too!

And just so that you know, I am proud of you too! You have worked really hard to get where you are.
  • Goodbrother79
    Goodbrother79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Children are so honest sometimes, got to love them!
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You brought tears to my eyes. Your son sounds wonderful. I am proud of you as well for your accomplishments. I am also proud to call you an MFP friend.

My daughter (9) and husband tell me almost daily they are proud me and it really gets me through rough times.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    This made me cry. I am so proud of you too!

Another benefit and gift to your son is that he probably doesn't have that "worry or weight on his shoulders" anymore.

What beautiful thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!