Today is Free Pizza Night at Planet Fitness

Options

Replies

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Can you just walk in, grab pizza and leave? 10 dollars a month membership may be worth it if I can eat as much pizza as I want for a night.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's ironic that it's called "Planet Fitness" but they are afraid of having fit people there to work out because of the stereotype. So who's really fit at Planet Fitness?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

A lot of people at my pf are very fit, but they follow the rules, so no one has issues.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    It's a trap, keep you fat, keep you coming back
  • km8907
    Options
    idk1970 wrote: »

It's only once a month and you don't have to eat it. They started giving away pizza as an appreciation gesture and it stuck.

I don't get hate on pf honestly. Take it for what it is, a gym for beginners and people that may not feel comfortable at a regular gym.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    idk1970 wrote: »

It's only once a month and you don't have to eat it. They started giving away pizza as an appreciation gesture and it stuck.

I don't get hate on pf honestly. Take it for what it is, a gym for beginners and people that may not feel comfortable at a regular gym.

I was just kidding :) I have a home gym I don't even go there
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options
    It's ironic that it's called "Planet Fitness" but they are afraid of having fit people there to work out because of the stereotype. So who's really fit at Planet Fitness?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

A lot of people at my pf are very fit, but they follow the rules, so no one has issues.
    So if a steroid using bodybuilder follows the rules, you don't think he'll be shuffled out of there? At least on their commercials, that's how they portray meat heads. Yes lots of meat heads are loud and obnoxious, but you're talking 10 out of 100. The other 90 want to just do their workouts.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Dammit. I always miss out on free pizza night. Have had a memebership for 2 years, never made it to the gym on pizza night
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Enjoy.
  • km8907
    edited February 2017
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

So if a steroid using bodybuilder follows the rules, you don't think he'll be shuffled out of there? At least on their commercials, that's how they portray meat heads. Yes lots of meat heads are loud and obnoxious, but you're talking 10 out of 100. The other 90 want to just do their workouts.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

At least at my gym, I've never seen anyone kicked out. Even the people that bring gallon jugs, the girl that wears just a sports bra for a shirt and bros that purposefully dropped weights to piss off the staff. Then again, I doubt a steroid using body builder would be at pf to begin with, since they don't have the really heavy weights.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

No they wouldn't be kicked out. I've go to two different planet fitness locations never saw anyone kicked out. Lots of people doing heavy weights too. One of the locations I go to has squat racks etc. People of all shapes and sizes no one has ever gotten kicked out.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Dang, I wish I was a manager at Planet Fitness. I would throw people out of the gym left and right.

Not because they did anything wrong, I would just put on that purple polo shirt and go on a massive power trip.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like the morning each month where they bring in free bagels...
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'd eat it in the squat rack. Oh wait...they don't have one, do they? What's the point of free pizza if I can't eat it between heavy squats. I dunno.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I'd eat it in the squat rack. Oh wait...they don't have one, do they? What's the point of free pizza if I can't eat it between heavy squats. I dunno.

do you ever do wrist curls in the squat rack just to piss people off ??

yeah, me neither
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »

do you ever do wrist curls in the squat rack just to piss people off ??

yeah, me neither

The most annoying thing I do is bring a bench between the cable machines (against the wall) to do my heavy hip thrusts. Everyone says they "don't mind" though.
  • WyattsMomKimberly
    WyattsMomKimberly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ltkasmala wrote: »
    I used to go to Planet Fitness and never understood why a fitness place encouraged the eating of what I would consider "junk food". It's all good I guess! Enjoy! ;)

It's Called Job Security!!! LOL :smiley:
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I thought we were talking about Pizza.

UGH!
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I'm getting my pizza on tonight. I'd eat it at the gym. They have tv and couches. I don't have tv. Can you drink whiskey at PF as well?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I have always wondered at what point they ask members to leave, once they are fit and ruin the atmosphere for the non-fit members.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    All I got out of this is now I am effing hungry for pizza... thin crust with pepperoni and green olive .. if they served that kind there, I would probably sign up.