Does letting go for a few days equal quitting? Have you taken days off?

Options
2»

Replies

• dalem10
    dalem10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    For me letting go even a couple days typically means undoing 2-3 weeks of progress... so it's really not worth it. I don't consider it quitting, but it can be a major setback.

And yeah I still log everything.

This!
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I take days off restricting. I don't take days off logging. I only have one rule - if it goes in my mouth, I log it.

This. :) Some days I just DON'T CARE and I eat everything (Look at my diary from Sunday of this week for an example...) but the one unbreakable rule is that I have to log EVERYTHING. When I purposely stop logging, I know I'm sliding backwards into bad territory.

This! I've been logging since end of October, I think. I lost some, then gained it back over Christmas, more or less maintained in January, and am slowly losing again. It's a bit frustrating to only have had the scale shift 3 pounds overall, but I've consistently logged anyway and doing that for the last 80 days means that, on the whole, I've been healthier and more mindful of what I've put in my body.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago, I had a significant depressive episode. That took me several days to get out of it enough to get back to the diet. Basically, for half a week, I was out of MFP pretty well entirely. That didn't mean I was totally done, had given up, etc. I just took a few days off, and got back on the bandwagon. No reason you can't do the same.

The nice thing about this is that you're doing this on *your* time table, not someone else's. If you want to take time off from it, do it. When you come back, we'll still be here, and we'll still be happy to help. All you have to do is ask.

In the meantime, take your time off, get the Wii U, and enjoy it. We'll see you soon :)

I have to tell myself sometimes to take things slow because I am on my timetable. Thanks for the reminder.