Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Shedding the last 10 pounds

So I've had some amazing success shedding weight using MFP - about 46lbs now! Everything has been going great, but now I'm shifting gears just a little bit.

In addition to wanting to shed the last, terrible 10lbs (which has been difficult!), I am trying to maintain/build muscle mass. I'm at 140 now and am trying to get to 130 (at 5'6). I'm a long distance endurance cyclist (in the summer, I regularly do 100+ miles a day every weekend). I'm preparing for a strenuous season filled with new goals. I'm looking to do 180 in a day, 250 in a day (and in less than 18 hours), and be able to qualify for Last Chance (750 miles over 4 days).

I've found that upping my protein has helped me increase my power and recover quicker; however, since I've started buckling down on my calories in the past week, I've noticed my energy levels drop in the morning when I do training sessions on my bike. I can still put out some pretty good power, but it seems more exhausting than when I was just maintaining.

I've opened my diary for scrutiny. It's probably pretty incomplete for anything older than 3 days (as I mentioned, I'm trying to crawl back on the wagon of logging everything).

What I'm really looking for, in a nutshell, is the best way to slim down, lose the last 10lbs, but still be able to build/maintain lean muscle for my cycling activities.

Thanks!

Replies

• jamocha101
    jamocha101 Posts: 20 Member
    Have you tried supplementing meals with protein-dense shakes?
  • AmandaOmega
    AmandaOmega Posts: 70 Member
    jamocha101 wrote: »
    Have you tried supplementing meals with protein-dense shakes?

If I do a cycling training session in the morning, I have a homemade protein shake right after in addition to breakfast. I weigh out everything and created a recipe for it. If I don't train that day, I do not have a protein shake. I usually get my protein from various sources throughout the day.