i need an idea for dinner tonight

Options
lilwashee
lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
ok so i have about 0.75 lbs of hamburger ..i need to make something semi healthy at least .i have potatos and pasta and corn and other veggies ..what is the suggestion and i will see if i have it in my cabinet.ok so maybe i should tell u everything i have.
hamburger
veggies
bread
spinach leaves
cheese
potato
broc cheddar pasta
eggs
cabbage
salsa
ok and last night i made meatloaf so it cant be that

Replies

• Malloryrae1211
    Malloryrae1211 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Shepards Pie? I just try to use less potato and more corn and peas.
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    Make a taco salad with beef, spinch leaves, cabbage and salsa. Light on the meat and add a tiny bit of cheese if you must.
  • becalm
    becalm Posts: 31
    Options
    If I were you I would make a hamburger, but not use any buns/bread with it. So your just eating the pattty, and have some veggies on the side!
  • CherylO75
    CherylO75 Posts: 6
    Options
    shred and steam the cabbage. pan cook crumbled hamburger meat draining all the fat, even rinse it. then season. mix these together. it will be very filling and very low calorie. be warned, cabbage causes gas :)
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have never tired this but maybe use your salsa as your ketchup and I do all the time sautee' my spinach and put it on my hamburger it's really healthy for you. or mix the salsa in your hamburger to give it flavor!!! Just some idea's no clue what it would taste like! Good luck... I have with chicken marinated in Pineapple / mango /peach salsa then grilled it that was really good and healthy!
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Taco salad!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Meatloaf - with the veggies and cabbage finley chopped in it - baked potato.
  • amberdaigle
    Options
    If you want to take the healthiest route, I'd avoid starches, cheeses, and pastas (after 7pm). With that said, I'd make a spinach salad with whatever veggies you have, (light) olive oil, and freshly squeeze lemon for the dressing.

You could always do a hamburger with a salad. Or a taco salad (minus the taco shells).

The least healthy option would be fully loaded baked potato...
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed! Im crusing through here thinking two things I need a motivation kick in the pants and dinner for tonight! I am having taco salad THANKS! So I got both out of MFP today :love:
  • tanyizzle
    tanyizzle Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You could do a breakfast for dinner. Make an egg and cheese scramble with veggies in it. You can either have toast or Hashbrowns for your side. :)
  • newMe936
    newMe936 Posts: 31
    Options
    Salisbury steak, mashed or roasted pototoes and cabbage??