Just starting C25K

Options
ukhobnob1
ukhobnob1 Posts: 21 Member
I'm new to MFP, initially joined really just to meet some people to help me keep motivated. I just started the C25K, today I did W1D2. I wont lie.. its tough. I have about 50-60lbs to lose.
Anyone in the same boat either wanting to lose weight and or doing the C25K please feel free to add me. The more motivation I have the better :) Thanks.

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    There is a group for C25k here on MFP, as well as several people in the Fitness forum.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Agree with the running slow. Take it REALLY slow. If you have to repeat a day or week because you couldn't quite do it, that's perfectly okay!!! Make sure you have good shoes. C25K is a great way to start. Once I hit week 4 or 5, my weight really started to drop and I credit that to the increased intensity.
  • ukhobnob1
    ukhobnob1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you... will go look at the C25K group in here.
    Ready2Rock Im pretty sure at the moment my walk and run is the same lol. I really enjoy it though even though I am sucking wind at the end. I have no clue whats going to happen W5 is it where you do the big leap? I have seen comments on that being one of the toughest weeks I think. I will try to keep my pace slow.. even though in my mind I have already calculated where I got at what time last run so I find I try to at least stay on point and/or better it. I should probably stop doing that and just worry about not stopping when I am supposed to be running.
    Thanks for the advise.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Every time I had to go to the next week, I had a little bit of fear. It doubles each week. Sometimes I felt it was too fast of an increase. I was able to manage each week; however, I was sucking wind on EVERY run.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    There is a group for C25k here on MFP, as well as several people in the Fitness forum.

Which group is this?

Thanks
  • Ms_Consistency
    Ms_Consistency Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week 2. I'd love to join the C25k group.
  • KarlaKennedy84
    KarlaKennedy84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I am starting C25K again tomorrow. I did it 4 years ago and loved it. I also have about 50-60lbs to loose so totally in the same boat
  • Tacklewasher
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Mid way through week 5 after taking last week off (hurt my toe snowshoeing and had enough trouble walking). Did the 8 minute jogs okay but am not looking forward to Fridays 20 minutes. I've slowed my jog down to 4.5 mph (from 5) as I don't like my HR much over 150.

Really would like to know which group is active. None of them look active at all.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/970137/daily-check-in-thread#latest

If the link works, if not it is daily check in thread. I just did W6D1 last night and am a regular restarter! I do enjoy it, just life gets in the way sometimes....

@Melissa_Ridgeway great job on getting your first 3 runs done :)
    @karlamarsden Hope you had a great start today... you'll be back on track in no time!
    @tacklewasher You've done so well getting to the downhill slide of Week 5.... the dreaded Day 3 is coming up but you'll be great! Just remember to slow down and try not to be a clock watcher, everytime it starts to feel like its getting harder, count to 30 or 10 ;) or sing the alphabet or the national anthem.... just to take your mind off the mental aspect of it all and then all of a sudden you'll hear your halfway or you have one minute left!
    @ukhobnob1 how have you been doing in the last 2 weeks...... starting to find your groove?

Happy day to you all!
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    @showjumper Thanks. I just joined the group. Funny how a search of the groups did not show that one.

I watch TV while on the treadmill, as it does take my mind off what I'm doing. Either the news or the sports wrapup.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi I just finished c25k :-) Awesome app all around! Feel free to add me :-)