Breakfast drink/meal supplement options

Options
I am generally very good about preparing my meals the night before so i don't find myself in a pinch, but life happens sometimes. I am thinking about keeping a few meal replacement drinks on hand for breakfast for those odd days so I don't have to fall back on a bagel at the office.

I can get a healthy lunch from the cafe in my building, but breakfast is a challenge since I don't eat eggs. The only breakfast options at the cafe are eggs and pancakes; so neither is an ideal option for me.

Any suggestions that provide decent nutritional value that are not loaded with sugar?

Replies

• lilray01
    lilray01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein has shakes and bars with little sugar. The bars do have sugar alcohol but the shakes do not. I use them in a pinch and they have saved me on days I'm needing a quick breakfast. The drinks don't require refrigeration but they taste better cold.
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my advice is to buy a couple singles from a nutrition/supplement store and try them. I rely on these a lot due to my life style, and I have had ones that have crazy good nutritional value (0fat, lots of protein, some fiber etc etc) and they taste terrible. And I have had ones that taste great, but maybe have more sugar than what I would want. So its all about personal preference.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I make hot cereal (oatmeal, Bob's 7 grain, etc) in 3 minutes in the microwave. I weigh it dry in a bowl, add water and zap it while I head back to the bedroom to get dressed. If I add frozen fruit, it takes about 4 minutes, but I can't beat it for fast and no fuss. Sometimes when I'm REALLY in a hurry, I'll make it in a plastic container and eat it in the car on the way to work