To log or not to log

Options
Am I the only one. I have been at this for so long . I get in here log everything then I don't. I have realized my weight has pretty much stayed status quo, but I am 1 of the lucky ones I am at goal. The truth is we all have to find what works for us. I like coming on here to support everyone and anyone who needs or wants it. no more logging for me though my key to success knowing that I need to eat as clean as possible , exercising and listening to my body and well my jeans.

Replies

• success313
    success313 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you is best. I personally like the accountability of logging something and staying within my calorie goals. Once I get to goal, I intend to keep tracking because I think it will be key in successfully keeping it off.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have to log to be conscious of my intake. I can easily eat in a surplus so I have to be aware of my intake to work in whatever I want to eat in the appropriate amounts.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I plan to log until I reach my goal. After which I will continue to chart my weight and vitals daily. If or when I move outside of a set range I will return to logging food intake.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Haven't logged in about 4 years.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I am still actively losing but I alternate between logging and not logging. It's important for me to learn how to eat to lose and to maintain without logging so that when I reach maintenance I will be better prepared. I successfully maintained my weight from Thanksgiving through Christmas without logging. I successfully lost 10 pounds in January not logging. I am now back to strictly weighing and logging everything.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight without logging. I counted calories using a little spreadsheet because I ate pretty much the same things daily. However I honestly don't think I could maintain without logging.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Whatever works best for you.

Me? If I don't log I'm a big fat liar, and the person I lie to most often is myself.

Logging keeps me honest, even at goal.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Every time I quit logging I gain weight. For me, logging is key.

I hope to only log sporadically in maintenance.