2200 Calorie Diet

Options
Hello!
So im in the need of advice. Ive been working out 4 days a week 2 weight days, and 2 cardio days then we hit up the sauna for about 15 minutes or so. Me and my roomates went out to eat at the cracker barrel monday night. I got my usally Chicken and Dumplings, with mac and cheese, mash Potatos and green beans. I then yesterday went the mexican restaraunt to where I ate fries rice and beans with some cheeae dip. Ive been drinking nothing but water for the last week. I weighed myself sunday morning at 222. I then weight myself this morning at 228. I started hydroxycut yesterday. Can anyone explain why I jumped up 6 pounds in 3 days?

Thanks!

Replies

• Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Log all your food on this app. It keeps me in check. Be honest with yourself about portion size. I never deprive myself of anything. If I want chocolate cake, I eat chocolate cake...however, I negotiate everything. For instance, if I want the cake I are sure my portion is reasonable and then eat well the rest of the day.

I find that when I workout I am reminded how long it takes to burn the junk off and no longer crave it as often. Right now for 65 minutes on an elliptical I burn about 810 calories (per the machine). Just one five guys jr. cheeseburger is more than that. Is it worth the 65 minute workout for 5 minutes of eating?

Portion control. Compromise. Honesty with yourself.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    sunsweet77 wrote: »
    Log all your food on this app. It keeps me in check. Be honest with yourself about portion size. I never deprive myself of anything. If I want chocolate cake, I eat chocolate cake...however, I negotiate everything. For instance, if I want the cake I are sure my portion is reasonable and then eat well the rest of the day.

I find that when I workout I am reminded how long it takes to burn the junk off and no longer crave it as often. Right now for 65 minutes on an elliptical I burn about 810 calories (per the machine). Just one five guys jr. cheeseburger is more than that. Is it worth the 65 minute workout for 5 minutes of eating?

Portion control. Compromise. Honesty with yourself.

The problem I have with this kind of thinking is that it ignores the fact that you're burning calories 24/7...I see these kinds of articles all of the time and they completely ignore the fact that you burn a crap ton of calories merely existing...you burn calories going about your day to day...not everything has to be burnt off with exercise. Exercise is often relatively insignificant to the energy you expend merely existing and going about your day.

I know that I need about 2800-3000 calories per day to maintain my weight and that I need to eat around 2,300 - 2,500 calories per day to lose about 1 Lb per week...I don't have to think that some particular food is XXX calories and how long is that going to take to burn off with a ride or whatever...you're expending energy 24/7.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Water weight
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Like jane said above. Water weight. It's quite unlikely (maybe even impossible) to gain 6 pounds of fat in 3 days. Just get back at it and you'll be fine
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Dumplings, macaroni, potatoes, and rice are all simple carbs. Beans are also high in carbohydrates, although they are complex carbs, which helps. For each gram of carbohydrate, your body needs to hold onto 3 grams of water, which adds up fast if you're shoveling in the pasta and potatoes. Eating so many carbs, particularly simple carbs, will cause a temporary weight gain due to fluid retention. That's why when people go on low-carb diets they often drop a bunch of weight right out the gate. It's all water.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Dumplings, macaroni, potatoes, and rice are all simple carbs. Beans are also high in carbohydrates, although they are complex carbs, which helps. For each gram of carbohydrate, your body needs to hold onto 3 grams of water, which adds up fast if you're shoveling in the pasta and potatoes. Eating so many carbs, particularly simple carbs, will cause a temporary weight gain due to fluid retention. That's why when people go on low-carb diets they often drop a bunch of weight right out the gate. It's all water.

wouldn't have anything to do with the sodium...naw...it's those bad bad nasty carbs.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Sodium and carbs.
  • Smit_40
    Smit_40 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I have been tracking most of stuff for the last few days. Most has been carbs, but today is a mix with carbs and protein, but my fat is lower then usally today. I have began cutting my food intake off around 8:30 each night. If I do get the need of food I either eat peanuts or a teaspoon of peanut butter. I work out about 30 mins each day and today I hit uo the sauna for 10 minutes, which I dont know how many calories that burns.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Smit_40 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I have been tracking most of stuff for the last few days. Most has been carbs, but today is a mix with carbs and protein, but my fat is lower then usally today. I have began cutting my food intake off around 8:30 each night. If I do get the need of food I either eat peanuts or a teaspoon of peanut butter. I work out about 30 mins each day and today I hit uo the sauna for 10 minutes, which I dont know how many calories that burns.

Unfortunately for all of us who enjoy it, sitting in a sauna doesn't burn calories.
  • mdnorthside
    mdnorthside Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm152152.htm
    The FDA says, "immediately stop using Hydroxycut products." Serious danger to your liver :/
  • Smit_40
    Smit_40 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The sauna burns the toxins and fats out of the body along with water weight. You may not be burning the calories but you are burning unwanted toxins. It makes me feel alot better after I get out. As for me in the sauna, I do curls and pushups for the muscle strength. I quit taking the Hydroxycut, but a friend showed me a fat burner at GNC that I may begin to take.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The sauna burns the toxins and fats out of the body.

:laugh:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    The sauna burns the toxins and fats out of the body.

:laugh:

They closed my muth thread or I would add this one.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm152152.htm
    The FDA says, "immediately stop using Hydroxycut products." Serious danger to your liver :/

This is pretty old. They have fixed the product in the intervening years.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/hydroxycitric-acid-hydroxycut

I'm not advocating it in any way, but the liver issues seem to be no more.