Tell me about your favorite recipes!

Looking for inspiration!! I'm so bored of my regular rotation. What are some low calorie meals you think are actually delicious AND your family does too? I especially love recipes that give you quantity but still stay low in cal (say 450-500 or less per serving)

Ever so grateful in advance for your suggestions!!! <3

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Have you discovered skinnytaste.com yet?
  • cwoodside1976
    cwoodside1976 Posts: 18 Member
    Have you discovered skinnytaste.com yet?

I will check it out! I haven't used it before. Thank you!
    BlueHorse8 wrote: »

YUM! Adding to meal planning list! :smile:
  • success313
    success313 Posts: 100 Member
    Another vote for skinnytaste! Also, just checked out the Damn Delicious website.
  • cwoodside1976
    Yay! Adding all these to my bookmarks! TY!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Ones that someone else besides me cooks lol.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Lately I have been making this pasta, sausage, bean, and kale dish:

- Cook a pound of pasta
    - Wash and tear up a bunch of kale (I love kale so I use a lot)
    - Brown chicken sausage that's been sliced up, you can add minced garlic towards the end
    - Add a can of white beans, black pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes (and salt if you aren't watching your sodium)
    - Add the kale and cook until wilted, sometimes I add a bit of water or chicken broth if the pot starts getting too dry, you don't want it to burn
    - Once the kale is wilted, toss in the pasta and stir until the pasta is heated through
  • cwoodside1976
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    Lately I have been making this pasta, sausage, bean, and kale dish:

- Cook a pound of pasta
    - Wash and tear up a bunch of kale (I love kale so I use a lot)
    - Brown chicken sausage that's been sliced up, you can add minced garlic towards the end
    - Add a can of white beans, black pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes (and salt if you aren't watching your sodium)
    - Add the kale and cook until wilted, sometimes I add a bit of water or chicken broth if the pot starts getting too dry, you don't want it to burn
    - Once the kale is wilted, toss in the pasta and stir until the pasta is heated through

This sounds easy and delish! TY!
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    edited February 2017
    Here is my family's current favorite: Garlic and salt-crusted tri-tip roast served with broccoli

Tri-tip is a US West Coast cut of bottom sirloin roast, but I'm sure you could use any nice roast for it. Here's how we prepare it:

1. Mince 6-8 cloves of garlic.
    2. Mash the garlic with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of coarse kosher salt until it forms a paste. I use a mortar and pestle. You could probably also do it in a food processor.
    3. Smear the paste onto all surfaces of the roast. I don't usually use all of it, but use more than you think you need. It will be salty, but it is only on the outside.
    4. Roast to whatever internal temperature you like. I start with a 450 degree (F) oven, then turn it down to 350 and cook to an internal temperature of 130 using a meat thermometer for a rare to medium rare center.

Enjoy!