Gonna do it this time

Options
Hello all. Well the last year was not a good one as far as working out. I am back to where I started in 2015. Which is 487. I went down to 468 but did t stay focused because of the slow weight loss. I wish I had but would've could've should've. I am gong to
Make a dent in my weight by June, or else I will be considering some type of surgery, which I do not want to do. I feel and I am going to do this by eating right and working out. So would appreciate encouragement and I will gladly give back. And any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading. Take care.

Replies

• queeninprogress
    queeninprogress Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm very similar, will lose a little and put it back on and I'm at my biggest at the moment. I'm making a commitment today to change my life those year! Good luck on your journey
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Don't get discouraged when things don't go the way you'd hoped they'd go. Slow weight loss is weight loss. An average of one pound per week is 52 pounds per year. Having your weight creep downward is much better than having it creep upward. Figure out a comfortable way of eating that works for you because you'll need to keep it up even after you reach your goal weight.

My suggestion is that you don't try to change everything at once or make big changes. Baby steps. Don't make changes that you aren't willing to stick to forever. Eat smaller portions and/or find satisfying lower-calorie substitutions. IMO, the closer you can stay to your normal way of eating, the easier it is to stick to a lower calorie plan.

Find an exercise that you like - even just walking to start.

You can do this!
  • gregoryjspen
    gregoryjspen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    As of Feb. 1st, I am down to 467. Nit aure if I should weigh evry month or every two weeks? Suggestions?
  • jazzledazzle0214
    jazzledazzle0214 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am weighing myself every week.....this helps me stay motivated or make changes when I am starting an unhealthy pattern.
  • gregoryjspen
    Options
    You can do it! I am weighing myself every week.....this helps me stay motivated or make changes when I am starting an unhealthy pattern.

Thank you for the suggestions. You can do it as well. :smile:
  • dianamarciano78
    dianamarciano78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't lose heart my friend I just started last week and I lost 9lbs then gained 2 lbs and I was disappointed but I'm not stopping. Just have to figure out what I did. I am going to do it this time. It takes time.
  • gregoryjspen
    Options
    Don't lose heart my friend I just started last week and I lost 9lbs then gained 2 lbs and I was disappointed but I'm not stopping. Just have to figure out what I did. I am going to do it this time. It takes time.

Thank you...Yes i am gonna do it this time. AS will you!! :smile: