Motivation Please!!!

Options
Hi! I weigh 258 pounds. I am trying to loose 100 pounds. I have changed my diet drastically. I'm only eating 1,200 calories a day and drinking only water. Every nifht i walk either 30 min. 60 min or 120 min on my treadmill. I take 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar twice a day. I started all of this 3 weeks ago. I've lost 3" off my waist. I bought some Garcinia Combogia today I am hoping it'll help me along the way.

Replies

• thomaskaayaafitness
    Options
    Hey!
    That was good to read that you are a person willing to work on your shape and weight. A personalised fitness guide can help you as your all time motivation and read this article. I hope that this can make you feel better with your baby-steps.
    http://kaa-yaa.com/smart-way-to-set-fitness-goals-and-get-results/
  • lost_work7
    lost_work7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You got this! But I recommend having more calories in your diet. 1200 calories is not enough to sustain the activity you are doing. It's the basic amount of calories just to live (or less than). It'll be hard to stick to the diet with that low of a calorie count.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You have been tricked into doing a lot of things that don't work. Smart move to check your information!

At your weight you should be eating a lot more than 1200 calories - and you probably are - but track correctly so you are sure to have a calorie deficit. That is the only way you lose weight. Moving is good, but just move, you don't have to do anything in particular.

Pills and sauces and condiments don't affect your weight loss. Patience and sticking to a calorie deficit for a long time, does. Motvation wears off. You can eat and drink whatever you like as long as you hit your calorie goal.
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good job for making a first step. Key will be sustainability. Work out your correct calorie target and track to that. Be accurate with logging. Also just try to make healthy choices and move when you can. If you want to exercise start slow and build up and if you enjoy it you will naturally want to do more and take it further
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Good for you! If you want motivation, I suggest hanging out in the success thread.

Also, just do what MFP tells you calorie-wise. Also, know that the app overestimates calories burned. I do not eat mine back; some people do. As you get into it, you will experiment to see what works for you.

I lost over 100 lbs. so it's doable. :smile:
  • dlinace
    dlinace Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, you can do it!! I don't know that the vinegar or the Combogia has much science behind it but if you eat right and exercise YOU ARE GOING TO SEE RESULTS!! Good job.