If you walk 10,000 to 12,000 steps per day and are around 5'5"

Options
Female and around 170 how much is your average daily burn? -- Just casual walking.

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I walk fast, but 60 mins = 5 miles = 350 calories on average. I'm 5-7" and 150#
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm in the upper 120s/5'5", but I usually average a daily total burn of around 2100 calories for the day when I get 10-12k steps in.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    If you're just walking it over the day, it doesn't add up to too much. It's your heart rate that is the thing, not the steps so much.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above and steps aren't likely to be continuous. It's not raising your heartrate so the body doesn't register it the same as designated exercise. That said, all movement is good movement :smile:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »

You are fast! Speedwalking? I'm the same height as you and 5 mph is a fast jog/slow run for me. I can't even fast-walk at anything beyond a 4.2 pace or I will fall on my face and break something. :o
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »

You are fast! Speedwalking? I'm the same height as you and 5 mph is a fast jog/slow run for me. I can't even fast-walk at anything beyond a 4.2 pace or I will fall on my face and break something. :o

That's a 12 minute mile. That's running for some! If walking, that would have to be speed walking. My fast walking is usually 14 to 15 minute miles.