Not sure on target weight

Options
I am 2lb off target weight, have lost 3st 12lb.
I am 5ft 5inches, with my target weight of 9st 12lb
I still have a small tummy pouch, which id love to be flat (like most people i assume)
I dont know if I should lower my target and by how much, as I have lost a lot already.

Any advice?

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Good job on the loss so far!

You now have the choice between going a bit lower with your weight and see if that tummy pouch disappears (you're in the middle of the healthy BMI range, so there would be little harm in going a bit lower).

Or you look into recomposition (weight training while eating at maintenance):
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

This would include a structured lifting program to help tighten up:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Progress in both cases would be slow as you're at a healthy weight now.

In either case, good luck on your journey :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you , and my happy weight is 9st 5 -9st 7, my stomach is pretty flat at 9st 5.
  • Determinedtoloseliz
    Options
    I'm the same height as you , and my happy weight is 9st 5 -9st 7, my stomach is pretty flat at 9st 5.

Thanks, if my stomach is completely empty it looks flat, but I want it to look like that all the time, might go to 9st 7 and see what it's like then x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Thanks, if my stomach is completely empty it looks flat, but I want it to look like that all the time, might go to 9st 7 and see what it's like then x

it wont do.... because food.... it has to go somewhere
  • mir1104
    mir1104 Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I stopped when I reached an healthy weight, both as for looks and according to those silly height/weight tables. When I stopped I still had that pouch of fat under my navel.

When I restarted to lose aiming for a lower weight for sports that pouch disappeared so I'd definitely say keep going until it clears. I say don't care of the numbers, it's your body, you make it look like what you want it to. If you want that pouch away, chase it away.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

Eat smaller meals at a greater frequency.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options

You're wrong.
  • mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

You're wrong.

Actually, he's not. Eating smaller meals more often will eliminate the food baby belly. It won't do a thing for losing weight/fat but it will make your stomach look flatter because there's less food in there.