Hey! Any keto friends out there?!

Options
Hey everyone!

I decided to give keto a legit try after reading a lot of the science and seeing the transformations not only in weight loss, but in energy levels, cognitive function, etc. I've been doing it for 3 weeks now and have lost 11 pounds! Lets do this together friends!

Replies

• 44scoobydoo
    44scoobydoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That is awesome Nate! You can find Keto groups by using search function. I am a part of a 3 week Keto challenge.
  • ilms528
    ilms528 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am paleo inspired but I pretty much follow more of a keto diet! I need that dairy! I am just getting started...2 weeks tomorrow. I have the idea of keto but I haven't researched or learned about macros and making sure I am in ketosis. I'm pretty much starting out trying to eat low carbs high healthy fats and increase my veggie intake. That got me 6.2 pounds down last Friday. We will see what this week brings tomorrow. I am looking to lose 60-80 pounds.
  • NateL1982
    NateL1982 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need that dairy too haha! I usually have cheese with eggs in the morning and a serving or two of heavy whipping cream with my coffee every morning, but I try not go crazy. I'm currently cutting at 1800 cal/day and set my macros around that. Which are 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs (if I remember correctly). I bought some keto test strips to see if I'm in ketosis. As far as veggies go personally I use organic wheat grass powder daily, but I also need to get more veggies in. Good luck on your journey!
  • rleesweet
    rleesweet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Today is Day#1 on Keto for me! I'm here because I need support and it helps me to know others are going on this weight loss journey with me. Today's weight is 210lbs. Goal is 135lbs. Was 110lbs before becoming sick. I'm ready for better health and living. :)
  • Bobzilla54
    Bobzilla54 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm surprised there isn't more keto discussion in these forums, so I'm happy to see some others trying it! I'm 2.5 months into keto, and down 70 pounds. I can't say enough good things about eating this way. Hunger is basically gone, tons of energy, delicious foods, and so much weight loss. Let me know if you have questions!
  • robinsmith1
    robinsmith1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    After having the gastric bypass surgery, I lost 100 with in 1 year, I still had more to loose but I was well on my way. I'm very much a bored and an emotional eater. At the start of my second year, my grandmother died. I had lived with her and my grandfather since I was 12. I'm now 33, but I was 31 when she passed. We knew it was coming, she was very sick. Still when it happened, I gained some weight back, only about 25lbs, but that's a lot to gain back when you worked so hard to loose it in the first place. The next year wasn't very good, I got cancer, my Pap got cancer, my sister thought she had cancer and had her thyroid removed. Everything went to *kitten*. Then out of the blue my grandfather goes in for a lung biopsy and comes out dead. The last year we had become very close, he trusted me with doctors appointments, taking notes, helping him make educated decisions on surgeries and tests that needed to be done, etc. So when I lost him, I kinda l lost part of myself. And I know he would be so upset with me for gaining more weight back. So now I've gained about 50lbs back, and this diet looks l like the option that best fits with the outlines I have to follow with the Bariatric menu. The only thing is the fat intake is way higher that what I'm *supposed* to have. But I also don't have the issues (vomiting, diarrhea, bloating, gas, etc) when I eat fat. But I have been getting some of the side effects when I eat to much sugar. So I think I may be okay with this diet, I guess I just have to see, but I really need some support to help me get through this hard time until I can work out all the issues in my head that's making want to eat all these bad things. Please no criticism, just helpful opinions, thoughts, or ideas.
    Robin
  • aranduh12
    aranduh12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    NateL1982 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I decided to give keto a legit try after reading a lot of the science and seeing the transformations not only in weight loss, but in energy levels, cognitive function, etc. I've been doing it for 3 weeks now and have lost 11 pounds! Lets do this together friends!

Right here!!#ketoon