Looking for friends who still eat "real food"

Options
Hi! I'm looking for some friends who also keep their diary open and who are working at improving their eating habits and getting healthy, but like me, aren't necessarily 100% healthy. I'm a super picky eater, and I don't eat a lot of veggies or chicken or turkey, zero fish - pretty much all the "good for weight loss foods", so my struggle has been difficult. But I haven't given up and I'm learning as I go, and trying to develop new healthIER habits based on the foods I do love and enjoy. As well as trying to get in more exercise every day.

I would love to support others out there like me, share recipes and food ideas via our diaries, etc. I hope I'm not the only one out there who can't or doesn't eat all whole, organic or completely healthy food all the time and is working this plan eating "normal everyday foods". My theory is this is a lifestyle change, MY lifestyle, and not a "diet". I do try to stay within my goal every day and try to pay attention to my macros as much as I can, but I'm still learning those as well.

If you are at all like me, or not, and want someone who logs in daily and will provide support and motivation, add me! :)

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I'm your girl!
  • hlektra28
    hlektra28 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    ME TOO !!! but I don't think that my diary will be much of a help to you because most of them are in Greek but if you want you can add me :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont eat anything weird. i do eat a lot of chicken, cause its cheap LOL a LOT of my dinners are crock pot meals, and a lot of foods/meals are input into the recipe builder. my diary is open to my friends
  • TattooedAries
    TattooedAries Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I stay within my allotted calories. I watch my portion sizes. I don't starve myself. I love chicken and turkey and fish...but I also love chips, chocolate and coffee. I balance it out. LOL
    Add me if you want to. I don't judge. ;)
  • kymberkaye
    kymberkaye Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm not faithful in completing my food diary on this thing. Mainly because I never eat enough calories and it wont let me complete it without it being over 1000 calories. Grr. I learned a long time ago, it's not what you eat, it's how much you eat. If I tell myself i can't have something, I will want it even more. So, I eat what I want, but only until I'm SATISFIED and not full. I drink tons of water throughout the day and black weight loss coffee twice a day. It keeps my cravings for sugar at bay. If I go out to eat, I ask for a to go box before my meal arrives. Put half my meal in it to take home and eat what's left on the plate until im satisfied. And learning to slow down while eating to savor every bite. Lol If I get fast food, i get a kids meal...smaller portion. It sounds crazy and seems to go against all the health nuts rules for healthy eating...you know, the ones that say you must eat 6 times a day in order to lose weight. I believe everyone is different and what works for one doesn't always work for the other. You have to figure out what works best for you. Just my opinion.
  • fatbottomgirl0309
    Options
    and anyone that drinks real booze, can add me!

Unfortunately I can't drink, but you sound fun so I'm going to add you :wink:
  • lmew91
    lmew91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me if you would like. I do eat chicken and turkey, and lots of other foods. Some of my meals are built in the recipe section, some you will probably be able to tell how it was put together by the ingredients that I logged. I weigh all solids, so it's either logged as grams, or logged as a serving, for example '1 cup,' but really I weighed out the amount of grams that the package says is that serving, I didn't use a measuring cup.
  • hbryant7883
    hbryant7883 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Meeee!! And I'm looking for the same!! I have not logged daily, because I never saw the point when no one saw it but me. I am trying to be more motivated and will happily commit to logging every day.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I log everything, even when it sends me way over on my calorie goal. I've been trying to eat more fruits and veggies but I still eat plenty of ice cream and chocolate :)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    My diary is open! I eat a lot of healthy and 'healthier' options, but still have weekly treats. I'm vegetarian (as are cookies, kugels, potato chips, etc).
  • Candida83
    Candida83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat real food! Lol :D
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    kymberkaye wrote: »
    Lol If I get fast food, i get a kids meal...smaller portion. It sounds crazy and seems to go against all the health nuts rules for healthy eating...you know, the ones that say you must eat 6 times a day in order to lose weight.

Yes. The rabidly anti-fast food people annoy me. Fast food does not make people fat - Getting 3000 calories of fast food in one sitting (which is unfortunately what most people seem to do) makes people fat. 1 item off the dollar menu is usually a perfectly acceptable number of calories.

• ritzvin
    Options
    And I totally enjoy my candy bar/snack cake after a medium-long run.
  • ritzvin
    Options
    Yesterday I came home to my wonderful/evil boyfriend frying tajadas, and went significantly over my calorie goal..thankfully I also owed my training plan a 3.9 mile run which brought me back below maintenance at least.
  • ritzvin
    Options
    (and my diary is open)
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I log every day and my diary is open! Anyone can feel free to add me. I don't go out of my way to eat veggies or raw foods or anything like that. I pretty much just portion out the foods I used to eat!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,064 Member
    Options
    Plenty of real food in my diary, feel free to add me
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    and anyone that drinks real booze, can add me!

I knew there was a reason I liked you!! (jk - lots of reasons, but that's a darn good one!)

My diary is open, but I mostly eat all the foods listed that OP doesn't like (chicken, fish, veggies). I do eat a lot of whole foods like eggs, veggies, fruit, grains, beans, but I'm not fanatical about it. A pizza or a burger with fries can be found on my diary from time to time. In fact, going out for lunch today with some friends and I've been dreaming of a burger. I better get my butt busy with some exercise to burn off those extra calories in advance.