Really struggling to hit protein macros

Options
I'm struggling so hard to fit enough protein into my day for my macros. I'm at 145g for protein, and I eat protein with each meal, just not enough. Any suggestions for yummy high protein food that isn't a supp?

Replies

• skotj
    skotj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I'm starting on protein powder but i really need to find some high protein low kj snacks....
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You set your protein goal to whatever works for you. The more unbalanced your diet gets, the more difficult it will be to adhere to, but a good reason will make lots of things worth while. Any good reasons for that protein goal?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how did you come to that goal?

what is your overall calorie goal?
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, eggs, fish (tinned tuna?).
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I would ask why that is your goal and what is your average daily caloric intake?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    145g is really extreme IMO. Unless I guess you really love plain Greek yogurt, fish/shrimp, and chicken breast.
  • shealo
    shealo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use an egg white protein supplement in a lot of my meals. I add it to protein banana pancakes & to hamergers and all my baking. It'll give you an extra 20-40g which really helps. And I like it better than drinking protein shakes. Ill also stir in a flavored whey protein supplement with plain greek yogurt and eat it with frozen fruit, it gives me way more protein for the carbs and calories
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    can you open your diary? I take in 125g a day (+/- 10g) - and have no issues hitting my goals - feel free to take a look at my diary for help (i don't do any protein powders, since I've found few that work for me)