NSV and progress pics!

Options
JoceyyySmall
JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
Almost a year ago I moved to the UK to do my my masters in political science- European Politics and Policy. At this point I had tried losing weight before and that summer before moving I tried and lost a few pounds, but I eventually quit. When I started school my friends and I were running around town taking pictures seeing everything, trying to find our way around. These pictures were taken I believe the first day. I was about 283 pounds.

I'm actually sad to look at these pictures. I was in a brand new city (I had lived in London for 4 months 2 years previous to this picture being taken and had lost about 15 pounds I put the weight on again and then some)

DSCN0070.jpg

After about a month being at school I started taking thaiboxing lessons with three friends. I had always enjoyed the gym and started going religiously the previous year during school, but without watching what I was eating I basically didn't see any results. I realized that I started to lose weight and was feeling more fit by taking thaiboxing and walking everywhere and I do mean EVERYWHERE.

JocelynKickboxing.jpg

I don't know at that point how much I lost I just now I fell in love with working out and loved that I was feeling more fit. In November I joined the gym that the thaiboxing lessons were held out and I hit the ground running. I decided I was going to lose weight, this time was going to be it! I also decided I was going to start running and enjoy it- so I hit the treadmill every work out. I started "running" at 5 km/h. I went everyday except some days off so about 5-6 times a week. by the time I went home in December for Christmas I had lost about 20 or so pounds. making me about 250 pounds I don't really have pictures from that time, so moving on.

I came back in January with a new head on my shoulders- I had been home and still maintained where I was at before I left for break. I didn't think that was going to happen, but I was adamant about it I did random workouts at home like running, push ups, sit ups etc.

In april my mom came over to the UK to visit me for a month- that month I didn't pay attention to what I ate and the exercise I got between or many trips was the couple visits to the gym and walking around cities that we visited. at this point I had abandoned MFP because my sister stopped logging on too, but I was about 249 when I joined MFP. I lost some pounds and when I went on vacation I stayed between the same 2-3 pounds making me hover between 240-243.

During the the months I noticed my fitness getting better and better week after week, my running was also improving, which made me thrilled. About a month and a half ago I discovered the running store sweatshop (which is amazing) I was fitted with new running shoes which I love and adore, and also started attending their weekly runs. They have a beginner 5k I was nervous about first going. On the treadmill I was no longer "running" at 5 km/h, but I now run at 7.5/8 km/hr and I can run for over 20 minutes at a time when I'm not psyching myself out into believing I am tired when I'm just needing to pass a hurdle of feeling bored. at this point I also changed the way I have been eating when I started working out with my trainer friend by watching my calorie intake and logging my foods in my diary and really trying to pay attention to the kinds of foods I eat and how they can effect my body.

My first ever 5k was a rough experience I ended up getting lost just barely completing the 3 miles if i did t all since I cut a small section out and it took me 46 minutes.

Here is where my NSV comes in: today after 5 runs and changing my exercise regime and working with a friend who gives me training and having a friend join the gym I have completed 5- 5K runs and have gone down on my time. Tonight was my fifth one which I ran in 36 minutes! I ran pretty much the whole thing (except this hill portion I had to stop a couple of times and power walk) but once the hill bit was over it was smooth sailing! I am so proud of myself.

I took pictures tonight of my progress because today also marked 50 pounds in my weight loss journey. I have also changed the way I have been eating watching my calorie intake and logging my foods in my diary.

So here is me at 50 pounds lost and after my best time for a 5k run.

285485_571555406760_53902334_32445233_5530164_n.jpg
285574_571555711150_53902334_32445236_419216_n.jpg
281917_571555596380_53902334_32445234_7410051_n.jpg

I still have work to go, but today I honestly felt like I will make it to the end.

**I really hope the pictures work, if they don't I'll try and fix them**

Replies

• whisperingdragon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WOO!
  • nickytab3
    nickytab3 Posts: 12
    Options
    WOW you look amazing!!
    keep up the good work!! :)
  • mommachef
    mommachef Posts: 52
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! You have a lot to be proud of!
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    You look GREAT - Be Proud - you'll get there ...one day @ a time!!! :flowerforyou:
  • alain0207
    alain0207 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and you WILL make it to the end!
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Keep up the good work! You are an inspiration to everyone on their journey!
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    You're doing great, keep it up!!! I do the same thing with running (getting bored and feeling like quitting)!!!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work! You can do it! :)
  • SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I can't see them at work but am bumping this so I cam have a look later.

Regardless of the pics - WELL DONE!!

:happy:
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Really inspiring story and you look great and really sound like you're enjoying it. I totally believe you when you say you're going to get to your goals. Best of luck :)
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Great Job keep up the good work :o)
  • Langstein
    Langstein Posts: 11
    Options
    Your doing amazing! Can't wait to be right there with you. :)
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    YAY!! So much hard work...you have a lot to be proud of, and you look GREAT! Congratulations!
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! Your 50 pound weight loss is pretty awesome too:flowerforyou:

CONGRATS on both:smile:
  • dcbella
    dcbella Posts: 45
    Options
    Awesome keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou:
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    good work keep it up :smile:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC, and that smile on your face is the best part (the happiness is just BURSTING out)!
    And I know how you feel about the running -- when you break through a wall like that and finally do it, it's the best victory ever.
    CONGRATULATIONS, and keep rocking it!!
  • SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wowweee! Look how well you've done!! That is truly inspirational, congratulations and keep up the fantastic work!! :-) xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!