One month with out junk food and .... surprisingly I'm still breathing

Options
It's been a month now without all that junk food that I used to eat and all I can say is I feel great! And if I can do this I'm sure you can too !! We got this !!

Replies

• Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    You know, I think it gets easier too. Good food even tastes better after a while.

Well done !!
  • jnananamaste
    jnananamaste Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Glad you're on track with your goals and feeling great! Keep that momentum rolling!!! :)
  • lavender51
    lavender51 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well done! Feels so good when you stick with your plan and feel the results!
  • Canehdn
    Canehdn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Nice job! That willpower is what will help you reach your goals. Boo yah!!
  • my_name_is_erika
    my_name_is_erika Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Canehdn wrote: »
    @Rusty740
    It's so true it has been easier... I'm not gonna say I don't miss junk food cuz then I'd be lying. But now I can say I like veggies and that's a plus !!

Lies! No one likes veggies. We eat them because we must ;)

Ha ha ha !! Ok ok !! I like some veggies!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I have learned to enjoy fruits and veggies more too! good work!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I think so many things taste super salty now! Even my Diet Coke addiction (lol) has pretty much gone away!
  • renervaldo2017
    renervaldo2017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job! Stay strong!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    sunsweet77 wrote: »
    I think so many things taste super salty now! Even my Diet Coke addiction (lol) has pretty much gone away!

I'd forgotten about the salt thing. I remember once a few years after giving up fast food, and heavily processed convenience foods I had a couple of McD. fries. My tongue couldn't handle them. Blech.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    sunsweet77 wrote: »

I'd forgotten about the salt thing. I remember once a few years after giving up fast food, and heavily processed convenience foods I had a couple of McD. fries. My tongue couldn't handle them. Blech.

This recently happened to me with potato chips. I hadn't had any for awhile and I had been thinking about Lay's for several days. So I finally bought myself a small bag, and they tasted so salty that I couldn't even enjoy them!
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I've been "off" junk food for many years now. I can't say if this is true for everyone else, but my body has adjusted to the point where I enjoy eating whole, unprocessed foods much more than I do the processed "junk" food that I used to crave. Even when I go out to eat I'm always looking for the most option with the most natural, unprocessed ingredients. I'll take a piece of grilled salmon over a burger any day, or a side of vegetables over rice or pasta. I've tried eating things like Big Macs and McDonald's fries and other fast food and they just taste overly sweet and/or salty at the same time, completely different to the stuff I make at home that is bursting with complex, natural flavours and aromas.

100% this. ^^^^ We changed our diets from a SAD to eating whole foods almost 8yrs ago. Our oldest was 11 at the time, the youngest was 7. None of us can handle much in the way of "junk" food (or processed foods). Your taste buds change and the sugar/salt thing changes big time. In a lot of ways, this really helps because my family will enjoy a "treat" but not go overboard with them because doing so literally makes most of us sick to our stomachs. After awhile it's easy to be self regulating with the junk food b/c of taste and how it makes you feel when you get too much. And fast food? We can't touch the stuff. Haven't had it in 8yrs and the thought makes me sick to my stomach. :s

Good for you OP for making a goal and meeting it. In the long run, it will become self regulating and you'll find you enjoy whole foods a lot.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I've never been a big consumer of fast food/convenience food and mostly because of the salt. I've never been a big user of salt (seeing my mother drown everything in it put me off!) so I have to really be in the mood for it. Same with soda of all varieties, just don't overly enjoy it unless I have a serious craving, which is generally for ginger ale. But I think aside from the salt I'm just a foodie who enjoys good food and it's rare mass produced things are especially nuanced flavour wise. But if someone enjoys it and can make it fit, carry on!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Congrats on this goal if giving up junk food is what you strive to live with, however i like my junk food lol

I've found that if you give up or greatly limit junk food (whatever your definition) and especially if you exercise, after a bit you really don't want to live with junk food.