OH MY ACHING SWEET TOOTH!

Options
Ok, enough already. We're well passed Christmas and I'm still eating leftover chocolates. In fact, as soon as I get in the office in the morning I scarf down two or three of them just to start my day. YIKES! I need to get off the sugar and I know myself well enough that I can't do this alone.

Anyone with me?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You still have leftover chocolate from Christmas! High five! You did good!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You did do good!

All things in moderation for me. I've done the elimination thing before - it backfired when I got to goal. Now I allow myself one treat every day. I find I'm being more selective. For me, single serve sizes help.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Sweets are my weakness...I had spiraled around the holidays and was having all of it whenever I wanted. So, January 1 (I know...so predictable) I went cold turkey off sugar. I did keep fruit in my diet and didn't worry too much about sugar in whole foods. It only took a couple of days and now I'm ok resisting it OR having piece of chocolate here or there.

I know many can have it in their diet in moderation and I can too sometimes. BUT when I've been overindulging for a bit, going off of them 100% works well!
  • BiondaM
    BiondaM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The chocolate isn't actually mine....I haven't got any in my house - it's in a candy dish right in front of me at work. They give out boxes of Turtles to their employees every Christmas and there are a couple dozen (yes, 24) boxes leftover - which is now strategically placed at the front desk (where I sit all day) for our visitors to help themselves, and anyone else who walks by, etc. I did try 'just one' and on occasion I'm successful in savoring the just one to make it last as long as possible. I figure if I commit to being sugar-free (except for fruit) then my colleagues and visitors can finish them off and get them out of my sight! Sugar addiction is a real experience and for me it's going in that direction. Sigh.